Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Wip [Desert Continent] Anub'Volthrak

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Paper Map (Final, Adjusted Mileage).jpg 
Views:	795 
Size:	971.0 KB 
ID:	38666

So here is my semi-finished but still WIP map of Anub'Volthrak, a continent made up mostly of desert, salt-flats, and other arid terrain. This map (hopefully) will be used for my upcoming (again, hopefully) novel that is currently in the hands of an editor. I used Ascension's Antique Style Maps tutorial for this beauty.

Ascension commented on the odd color scheme and to clarify this planet was devastated by magic and ended up shattering into pieces. Most of the gods sacrificed themselves to save the people of their world. The result is that the continents drift through the Astral Fade (my equivalent of the Astral Plane). At the fringes the Astral Fade can be seen as the world's oceans seemingly pour out into the void.

Now before anyone cries WORLD OF WARCRAFT! I have a copyright that says I finished this world and concept in 1998 lol. So anyway I can't give much more away without spoiling things further. I plan on trying several more color schemes before I'm through. Tell me what you think guys.
    Last edited by LordNightwinter; 09-22-2011 at 02:56 PM. Reason: Added GIF Map.