Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: March Entry: Timmy's Random Dungeon

Post March Entry: Timmy's Random Dungeon

Okay, this month is purely for laughs. i'm not trying to win it, i just want to have a good time and myabe make a few folks grin. i'll let the dungeon master who is creating the map take the reigns.

Hi

My name is Timmy, and i'm 13 years old. i just got the basic set, and i want to be the DM. so i found these random dungeon tables and went about trying to make them work. i think it will be a small dungeon because i only want a few encounters. i know one of them is going to be a spider lair because i have a tarantula and i like spiders because spiders rock! then i want a cave with a elf in it because il ike elfs too.

then i'm going to have a few maze like passages and lots of secret doors because my players always look for them and i want to have a lot. and i want some in the maze because i like mazes too.

and these mazes were made by ant monsters too. not just big ants, but ants with intelligence. okay, so that's it. i'll start on the map tomorrow.

Administrator Facebook Connected Robbie's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Oh this is going to be good. Timmy sounds like my first dungeon master. (I was 14 at the time, prior to that I was always the DM)
    All Hail FlappyMap! Long Live MapFeed!

Robbie Powell - Site Admin

Map

So this is my dungeon. i rolled on the random charts in the old Dungeon Master Guide my uncle JP gave me. i like this book better than the edition i have. this one has a lot more tables and charts but its hard to read because the type is so small. but the artifacts and all the really cool magic items are neat. and the picture on the cover is kewl. it even has a dungeon map but it only describes the first three rooms so thats not really helpful. and they have a spider in that one too. and thats neat because i like spiders.

anyway, i rolled up this dungeon and drew it in pencil and then traced over it. i like to make lots of notes on my map to make sure i don't forget anything. so if it is a little hard to read that's my fault.

i looked at some of my uncles old maps and saw he did the cross hatching around the edges so i decided to do the same thing. i think it looks neat so i'll do that on all my maps from now on.

since the random rolls make it look wierd i figured the caves were built by the formian workers in room 5 and then somebody came and put up the doors later. maybe Helvar the Elf in room 1.

i hope you like it. i worked all day on it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	File0049.jpg 
Views:	172 
Size:	1.60 MB 
ID:	2618  

Okay, TM, you already won one Challenge--let the rest of us have a chance, will ya?
    Don
    My gallery is here
    __________________________________________________ _______
    "Keep your mind in hell, but despair not." --Saint Silouan [1866-1938]

So hi Timmy,

*sniff*

I've brought my character for today's game.

*adjust glasses; sniff*

And some empty sheet I create with daddy new commodore 64 computer, in case someone forgot his sheet.

*He he he (my dad's better than yours)*

I'm ready to kill some dragon or demon bug with my Robin Hood char.

Name:	empty sheet.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	54.8 KB 
ID:	2623   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	robyn.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	110.4 KB 
ID:	2629  
    Last edited by alucard339; 03-06-2008 at 06:30 PM. Reason: change some text error
    Let my fangs find your neck, during the night, so that I can drink your knowledge ...

So it could be use here : www.l-hazard.com

okay Alu, i'll take your character but you have to explain to me why you have a 16 comeliness and a 5 charisma. there's a negative penalty of 3 for your charisma, so if you rolled a 19 on 3 dice, i would like to know how this happened.

oh, and i'll let you adjust your hit points back up to full. if you are going into my dungeon, you're going to need it. bwa ha! find some other players and you're on. we need a wizard and a thief for the secret doors and traps. and maybe a cleric would do. i don't have any undead in the dungeon but you might need it for healing.

and change your character's name. i think legolas would be better. you would end up knowing the king aragorn in my campaign world. my sister wants to play a dwarf thief with a short bow. she hasn't played ever, so i'm going to be teaching her.

i guess i'll have to bring in a wizard, theodorus the wise, my 18th level character i made last week. he rocks. he'll help you fight the bad guys in this map.

i only have a couple of miniatures that my uncle gave me so your character will probably be represented by the yellow sorry game piece. and i don't have dice. i just have chits in a plastic cup my mom gave me.

(anyone remember the days of chits?.....)

Quote Originally Posted by pyrandon View Post
    Okay, TM, you already won one Challenge--let the rest of us have a chance, will ya?

don't worry don. if i win i'll be surprised. there's so many others that are so much better. i can't wait to see all the entries. this one is going to be a tight race. there's so many out there that are better than mine. yes, i'll be honored if i win, but come on.... i've got nothing on some of the others. i probably won't even vote for myself, the others are just that good.

Holy carnie corn, Alu--that was a freaking riot (and tm's response only iced the cake!) hahahahaa
    Don
    My gallery is here
    __________________________________________________ _______
    "Keep your mind in hell, but despair not." --Saint Silouan [1866-1938]

Back again,

I made some changes to Lego(tm) Last:
    - first I let him sleep at an inn to get is HP back.
    - second in town he saw a little person call Tassleoff of something like that, who sold him is +2 dagger for 5 gp + the map of our last dungeon.
    - third I readjust the THAC0 for the sling so it use the Dex attack no-bonus.
    - Fourth, You should remember that elves got +2 to comeliness due to sharp magical look and their funny hears.

Lastly, daddy doesn’t want me to use is computer again this week (a little bit of jus on it, so what...).
    So you will have to do your sis char and the other player from the guild will have to take 10 minutes before the game to redo their heroes.
    Hope to see them soon in case there is some errors. Did U call Pyrou & ana, to come and play, since they talked to you about this senario.

Ciao,
    Aru jr.

Name:	lego.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	115.3 KB 
ID:	2640  
    Let my fangs find your neck, during the night, so that I can drink your knowledge ...

So it could be use here : www.l-hazard.com

THAC0 THAC0 THAC0 THAC0 THAC0 THAC0 THAC0 THAC0 THAC0

(I love saying that...)

THAC0 THAC0 THAC0 THAC0 THAC0 THAC0 THAC0 THAC0 THAC0

-Rob A>

(sorry - lack of sleep.... now returning you to your regularly scheduled reminiscence)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast