Thread: First map in Gimp

Map First map in Gimp

First map ever made by me, actually.. Setting for a D&D campaign. And YES, I know the hydrography is all wrong, I should (and will) fix it.. Made following the awesome tutorial by Gidde. Any suggestion/critics are more than welcome!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mapa.jpg 
Views:	969 
Size:	1.32 MB 
ID:	38710
    Last edited by Rackhir; 09-24-2011 at 05:53 PM.

Looks really good, and your hydrology looks fine, that one part I can see as wrong I can easily except as representative of a river delta.
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

Wow, fantastic job on your first map Rackhir, perhaps one of the best Gidde style maps I've seen.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Thanks for the kind words! I'm planning in drawing a hand draw ink version of it, but not this week

Guild Novice

I like it. Great job!

Thank you all!! aftr the exams period in my university I'll be back with more!

Pray tell me.. What were the brush settings for the line by the border? They look absolutely lovely.

A small suggestion about typography - I know many old maps had odd letter spacing, and if that is the look you want, it's fine. But I find at least titles to be worth hand-kerning to get the spacing just right. My guess is the overhanging l and left-extending y have added up to an unintentionally wide space. That's nitpicking though - the whole map is nicely done.