Thread: make temp/rainfall changes affect the gaia image shader in Fractal Terrains Pro.

Default make temp/rainfall changes affect the gaia image shader in Fractal Terrains Pro.

Here's a weird thing.

If I change the global temperature and rainfall settings in FT Pro, the appearance of the planet using the gaia shader doesn't change. I always thought that the colour setting that the Gaia shader picked for any particular bit of terrain was based on the temp/rainfall values as set out in the map/show other shader/show image climate matrix.

Am I missing something?

Cheers

ravs

At one point the documentation was very clear that the Gaia shader is in no way related to FT's climate model. However, things may have changed a bit in the last 10 years. I had considered cutting the feature early on, but it was prettier than the rest of the shaders and I kept it in there. This question does come up a lot, though, usually in the form of bug reports.

Thanks Joe. I found a workaround - just use a bespoke image climate and then it works fine!

It's quite possible that the answer is still in the help file but that I missed it!