Thread: Fallicium

Map Fallicium

Hi all. This is my first map post here at CG. I'm fairly new to map-making, but I hope you enjoy this.

It was done in PSP8, using textures from CGTextures, user art/elements from the Dundjinni forums/archives, and some stock/resources from deviantART.

I don't really have much of a story or in-depth info for this one...just a basic idea that it's a mysterious, hidden monument that is not at all what people believe it to be. Hence the name Fallicium: from the word "fallacy".

A larger, full-rez version can be downloaded at my deviantART gallery (if you want to play on it): HERE

EDIT: Ooops! I made a typo in the subject title. It should be Fallicium, not Fellicium. I'm not able to edit it, so if a mod would be kind enough to change it for me, I'd really appreciate it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Fallicium by Neyjour.jpg 
Views:	181 
Size:	1,007.9 KB 
ID:	38734   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Fallicium by Neyjour.jpg 
Views:	165 
Size:	3.74 MB 
ID:	38771  
    Last edited by Neyjour; 09-26-2011 at 11:57 AM. Reason: typo

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

hi Neyjour, looks good - love the background texture. I would have like to be able to zoom in more without having to swing by dA
    so is all done with stock - or have you done some stuff yourself (except from putting it together of course)?

... I've changed the title of the thread for you ... looking forward to seeing more from you
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

Thanks very much tilt.

Yes, it's pretty much done 100% with free resources (I couldn't paint digitally to save my life).

The only parts that come from me are the little things to bring all the pieces together and make it cohesive. Blending the background textures, changes to colour/saturation/contrast, layering, the raised stones in the caverns, the glowing lights, etc.

Sorry for the trip over to DA! I zip the larger resolution for people who want to actually play on them...I didn't really think about others wanting to just view them that large.

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

most people in here love to take in the details - there is a limit though, I think 4,7 Megs for a jpg and 23 Megapixels (but might be mistaken), if you use the "go advanced" button, there is an image uploader which also produces a thumbnail for the post automatically
    And don't sell yourself short either - putting stuff together takes skill too - I've spent a lot of my time doing just that in magazines and such, of course there is still creativity involved there too - but its also alot about the puzzle of fitting it all together
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

That's great work; I'm imagining an ominous hummmmmmm coming from that glowing crystal thingy...

Heh.. yea.. I can see that thing on the middle right being some big ole whirling blades of death!
    My Finished Maps
    Works in Progress(or abandoned tests)
    My Tutorials:
    Explanation of Layer Masks in GIMP
    How to create ISO Mountains in GIMP/PS using the Smudge tool
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

BTW, did you do the distort on the "sewer" floor tiles? That distortion truly makes it pop out and look like the floor is sloped toward the middle.
    My Finished Maps
    Works in Progress(or abandoned tests)
    My Tutorials:
    Explanation of Layer Masks in GIMP
    How to create ISO Mountains in GIMP/PS using the Smudge tool
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Thanks very much everyone.

tilt: Thank you for the tip on how to manage attachments. I've uploaded a larger version (2000x2000).

jfrazierjr: The distortion is part of the original art. I didn't do anything to the pipes except to add some grunge brushes. That whole set is extremely well made and very nicely detailed, with a ton of different options. With some pieces, the distortion doesn't match up too well, but there are a number of "connector" pieces you can use to cover that.

Great map Neyjour, very artistic and very playable!

The original modular sewer set was created by IronDwarf and is posted at the DundJinni Forums. It is a huge set with a total of 142 MB if you download all the components.
    Click here to go to the download page at Dundjinni. http://dundjinni.com/forums/forum_po...11560&KW=sewer

Thanks so much Bogie!

I really wish I'd found the zip files first instead of downloading each piece individually from the DJ archives. LOL!! Oh well... *sigh*