Thread: Greetings and Thank You!

Default Greetings and Thank You!

Hello all,

I have been an avid fantasy literature fan for a long time now, and with confidence in my imagination, I've decided to give it a go myself. I believe that it is the world around us that shapes our culture, belifes, conflicts, dreams and as a result, our heroes, tales and way of life. Thus, without writing a single word, I undertook the challenging task of mapping the world I have in mind, and as I do that, surprise myself by going where the map takes me. My workflow is to create the land outline first, then significant geographical features such as mountains and rivers, and finally based on those, the civilization itself, towns, villages, roads and such.

The task proved to be more difficult than I've imagined. I have next to none knowledge regarding cartography, and resources seem to be limited especially when it comes to mapping your own fantasy world. That's where the Cartographer's Guild emerged as my saviour, providing me with invaluable knowledge and resources. I sincerely thank every single contributor here who played even the littlest part in this.

Thanks to these people, I already made some progress in my project, and I will soon be posting my WIP to receive criticism which I know will prove to be crucial for me.

Again, thank you for this great forum!

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Welcome Aboard!
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.