Thread: Hello, guild.

Guild Applicant

Post Hello, guild.

Just wanted to give my little hello by posting one of the few points I'll likely make here. Just a wanderer who found this little community by searching for software to learn how to make better maps the hand drawn chicken scratch I've used for the last decade or so. I'll be quick to admit that artistry has never been my fine point. I have a few skills, but drawing, sketching, paint, sculpture... can't say I remotely compare to even the shoddiest of members I've seen on here (which I haven't seen shoddy I can openly admit).

I'll be lurking around here time to time, reading more about programs and skill, trying to pick up a few pointers so I can make something better for my games, but I'll likely break down, sell out, and just ask to commission some work based on my preexisting sketches. /laugh

Anyhow, take care all

George

Welcome, George. I'll just bet if you take a whack at a few of the Guild tutorials, you'll find you can create perfectly serviceable maps. Shoot, if you figure you can't draw a straight line... there's plenty a map that doesn't NEED straight lines. If you are too picky to put up with mistakes, well I'll wager the first ten Guilders you ask will tell you it's often the "mistakes" that turn out to be inspired opportunities. "Too big a blob" just adds acres to the territory! Every one of us started out unsure of which end of the pencil to put to paper, just figuring it out at different ages :-).

Welcome to the guild!
    My finished maps

Mapping Worlds (My blog about mapping)

Imaginary maps (My facbook page devoted to mapping)

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Welcome Aboard!
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.