Thread: Hello, Cartographers

Default Hello, Cartographers

Hello,

I am Antiscamp. I am currently working on a computer game mod called Dibella's Watch for Oblivion. This game is now in need of an in-game fantasy/medieval map which I am currently designing with the help of some of the tutorials and materials from this Cartographers' Guild Forum. I am enjoying the process very much, and hope to show off the map already later tonight!

I've always had an interest in designing my own maps of fantasy lands. I did it already when I was a child on large sheets of paper, and now, when modding my game, I, in a sense, get to revisit those golden days of childhood. My gaming interests are nowadays purely in the computer game genre (back in the eighties I did pen-and-paper), where the Elder Scrolls is my all-time favourite. I've been playing ES since Daggerfall and am looking very much forward to Skyrim, the next instalment in the series, which will be published in November. I've been modding the game series since Morrowind and right now I am creating an own entire continent from scratch; with everything from landscape and great cities and castles, to the people wandering the streets, the creatures for the player to fight and writing my own stories. It's a massive process and my continent has taken me ten months so far.

I am enjoying this forum very much. I've learned more here about Gimp and map making than I ever hoped to have; and I've only been a member for like 24 hours. Well. Let's start the map making!

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Welcome Aboard!
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

hi there and welcome. Sounds like a huge project you've got going.. and cool ... you don't have to have your maps finished to post them here - in the WIP threads we post as we work for help and critique
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

Thank you kindly both for the welcome.

Eller, tackar ödmjukast för välkomnandet, tilt.

Blog Entries

Hi, Antiscamp, welcome to the guild.

TES: Arena was one of the first games I bought when I got my first decent PC - a 486 DX2 66... ah... the good old days. I LOVED Morrowind but I've installed Oblivion three times and then given up on it after a few hours play. I just can't seem to get into it.

Anyway, look forward to seeing your work.
    Royal: I'm very sorry for your loss, your mother was a terribly attractive woman.

My Cartographer's Guild maps: Finished Maps

More maps viewable at my DeviantArt page: Ramah-Palmer DeviantArt

Yeah, I know your feelings about Oblivion. In some respects OB is far insuperior to Morrowind. The latter provided a much more interesting and exciting gaming world, with imagination and storytelling as driving factors. From what I hear, Skyrim will be more like Morrowind in that respect. At least Oblivion is a charm to mod, because it's beautiful and provides the building blocks for that great storytelling and imagination that I also think unmodded Oblivion lacked a tad.

Thanks for the welcome

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

a fellow Skandinav?
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise