Thread: September/October challenge entry - Graz Ynerif crossection

Default September/October challenge entry - Graz Ynerif crossection

I have no idea where Graz Ynerif is, but I do know I have to commit myself to get anything going, so that's what I'm calling it.

Hmmm - first idea - side view of Flatland was already suggested.

---------------------------------------------------------------

There y'go - 1:250,000 side view of a small portion of the 2-dimensional realm of Flatland. Some vertical exaggeration in use.

naaaah. Looks too much like South Alabama. Have to keep thinking.

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

nice map *lol*... I exchanged an august for an october - hope you don't mind
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

I suppose the mas was taken down temporarely? 'Cause I can't see nuthin'!

The straight line IS the map :-).

Second discard is a side view of a whole planet. 'Cause on a sphere a side view IS a top view, at least of the nearest point. Oh, well. Must keep thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by jbgibson View Post
    The straight line IS the map :-).

Second discard is a side view of a whole planet. 'Cause on a sphere a side view IS a top view, at least of the nearest point. Oh, well. Must keep thinking.
    Pffffffffffff

Now I'm feeling quite dumb

Naaaah, not dumb. A straight line IS after all a pretty minimal map. Here: another possible angle on Graz Ynerif.

### Latest WIP ###

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RailwayCrossection2.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	102.5 KB 
ID:	38958

That's doubly a fresh perspective.... most railroad maps would be top-down. Then the crossections I've seen are mostly longitudinal - profile of a railroad's ups and downs. This crossways crossection though.... it still lacks something. It's like an object or a point-place, not so much like a depiction of geographical relationships. So it's still too lame and I have to keep thinking. Now if it did show some relationships, hmmmmm, mmmmumble....

Name:  RastusMartowicz.gif
Views: 86
Size:  6.2 KB

Meet Rastus Martowicz. That railway crosstie may not look like much to you, but to him and his buddies, it's home.

Rastus lives and works in the easternmost of a three-timber kingdom (depicted). The dozen or so ties further east are all creosoted - no termite has ever gone there and returned. To the west of Station Colony End-of-platform is a veritable empire encompassing six crossties and a rotting elm trunk. Currently there's a creosoted tie between the two rival cultures, but the soothsayers predict the Sky-Treading Track Gang will be replacing it soon... it's already too rotten to hold its spikes. Soothsayers of the Lindzniferian persuasion think the Replacement will be a freshly creosoted timber, which will safely separate the two realms forevermore. Soothsayers of the Jarkoski persuasion say it'll be a tasty kiln-dried spruce stick with bark still on and nary a drop of the hated preservative.

Rastus has seen the Jarkoskis deny that fire from above would kill a termite, right up until the Great Thundering Wind of Doom passed, showering sparks and embers on The Middle Crosstie. His eleventeenth cousin Jarold was in the upper gallery that afternoon, and now walks on five legs.

Rastus is betting on the Lindzniferian prediction. But he's keeping his auger sharp just the same.

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

now we're talking - great story. Reminds me of "Battle of Sugar High" I made some time ago *lol*
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise