Let's see, I'm not to good at these things, but i shall try. Basically I am trying to organize a few projects and get it all digital. Including a few fantasy maps. Okay, that's an understatement, lol. I have decided to overhaul my life and get back to what I love most, story telling. I am both a storyteller and artist at heart. I started drawing to bring my stories to life. Being a bit detail oriented, and fascinated with the background aspects of my stories, I have been compelled to make many maps. Those however, have all been watercolor or marker, detailed with pen and ink, a few times even with a quill pen.

In the last couple of years I have moved from the traditional art to that of the digital art world. So, I am not a newcomer to Photoshop, but I wouldn't say I know it all...is that even possible... I have been working on putting my biggest story together, but the way I work, i need the maps. I have it all here in my head, but I am very visual. Also, I will need it for the wiki (that's how i am compiling all the info and background stories).

I tried the easy route and goggled map making brushes. After a short flip through some pages I found this site. I had to register to see the brushes, but thought, nah, I will look around. But the site kept popping up in my mind. I found some brushes I liked, but the artist in me kept poking me and saying "DIY", make it your own. So, back I came and decided what better way to make my own then to do it with the help of other like-minded people. From what i have seen so far it sounds like I have a lot in common with others here. And your community seemed friendly.

So, here I am! ^_^