Thread: Podcast interview with GMS Magazine

Community Leader Facebook Connected torstan's Avatar

Default Podcast interview with GMS Magazine

In case people are interested, I was interviewed by GMS magazine on the topic of maps and cartography. You can find the podcast here:
    http://gmsmagazine.podbean.com/2011/...st-episode-14/

My bit turns up at 1h18 (it's a long podcast, but if you've got the time, the earlier interview with Scott Gray is pretty interesting).

Quote Originally Posted by torstan View Post
    In case people are interested, I was interviewed by GMS magazine on the topic of maps and cartography. You can find the podcast here:
    http://gmsmagazine.podbean.com/2011/...st-episode-14/

My bit turns up at 1h18 (it's a long podcast, but if you've got the time, the earlier interview with Scott Gray is pretty interesting).
    Dr Roberts - the coolest geek on the planet, eh

Our second interviewee is probably the coolest geek on the planet. Anyone with a doctorate in Astrophysics and Dark Matter who can also create some of the most stunningly gorgeous maps on this Earth has to be a totally cool
    BTW - congratulations on the interview!

-Rob A>

Hmmm, yes I wasn't sure how to deal with that so I decided to just let that slip quietly by

It was fun to get a chance to chat to them about mapping - especially when they give such positive reviews. I tried to get a good set of plugs in there for the CG too, so hopefully some people find their way over here.

Blog Entries

Really enjoyed that interview, Jon. You articulated everything really well and I thought the interviewer asked a lot of pertinent questions so it was all good. Your shoutout for the CG forum was good too.
    Well done.
    Royal: I'm very sorry for your loss, your mother was a terribly attractive woman.

My Cartographer's Guild maps: Finished Maps

More maps viewable at my DeviantArt page: Ramah-Palmer DeviantArt

Me too! Just finished listening to it! Man, you are so fluent, hardly an 'um' or an 'er' anywhere!

You do realise you ARE the Brian Cox equivalent pin-up for the CG!

Gratz on the interview! and I agree with the posters above as I really enjoyed listening to this. cheers, DJ

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Ravi beat beat me to the Brian Cox allusion, so Good stuff.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Actually have had to do some work with Brian Cox - thoroughly nice guy. Definitely doesn't deserve the ribbing he's been getting on Radio 4 recently.

It was fun to do, and I'm really glad it's interesting to people. It's very odd to have people listening. That's one less level of separation from the internet - which is a little strange.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

I rather like Brian's shows here on the Science Channel (US). Didn't know he was getting made fun of by folks. Probably just jealous guys who want their own shows.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps