Thread: A few New Maps

Default A few New Maps

Hi everyone, thought I'd share a few recent maps.

Maps removed
    Last edited by ashmantle; 10-05-2011 at 12:53 PM.

Blog Entries

Some very nice maps there. I'm sure all your clients were thrilled at your results.
    Royal: I'm very sorry for your loss, your mother was a terribly attractive woman.

My Cartographer's Guild maps: Finished Maps

More maps viewable at my DeviantArt page: Ramah-Palmer DeviantArt

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

nice maps - the first is my favorite ... great colors in all of them and congrats on all those commisions
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

Beautiful work, and great use of StarRaven's brushes. There's something very familiar about the second one...

Yep, some real nice looking work you got there Ashmantle, and welcome to the Guilld!

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Your maps are beautiful, but I'm pretty sure I specified that my brushes weren't to be used for commercial purposes. Please don't use them for commissions anymore.

Please be more careful with the resources you use and read the licenses they are released under carefully!
    North or south or east or west, where to point your shoes...?
    Which direction is the best?
    If the choosing gets confusing, maybe it's the map you're using....

Just to let you know, Ashmantle, the Guild really frowns on using other peoples' work without permission. Perhaps you did not read StarRaven's conditions for the posting of her work. All I can suggest is that you read conditions carefully if you use other peoples' work in your maps.

First let me deeply apologise to StarRaven, I cannot express how embarrassed I am. There was no deliberate attempt to deceive, I know it is no excuse but my obvious lack of brushes management and keeping track of where I source brushes is to blame. I have tried to delete all my maps in this post but am unable to do so? Again.....Sorry for any wrong doings.

Quote Originally Posted by ashmantle View Post
    First let me deeply apologise to StarRaven, I cannot express how embarrassed I am. There was no deliberate attempt to deceive, I know it is no excuse but my obvious lack of brushes management and keeping track of where I source brushes is to blame. I have tried to delete all my maps in this post but am unable to do so? Again.....Sorry for any wrong doings.
    You should be able to remove attachment, you just have to go advanced in the post editor, then click on the paper-clip icon of the toolbar.

Though... it does not look like StarRaven is requesting you remove your maps, just not to use her brushes for commercial purposes again (unless there has been a direct request to you...)

-Rob A>

Off Topic:

Quote Originally Posted by ashmantle View Post
    There was no deliberate attempt to deceive, I know it is no excuse but my obvious lack of brushes management and keeping track of where I source brushes is to blame.
    This is one of the reasons I SOOOO love GURM for gimp. Since each brush/brush set is located in it's own folder, it would be MUCH easier to check any license restrictions by just keeping the license in a text file in said folder. Frankly, even once GIMP 2.8 comes out, I will continue to use GURM instead of their new tag feature.
    My Finished Maps
    Works in Progress(or abandoned tests)
    My Tutorials:
    Explanation of Layer Masks in GIMP
    How to create ISO Mountains in GIMP/PS using the Smudge tool
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.