Hello, I'm new to the forums. It seems there's far more info here than I can quickly process. I did a search, but I didn't find what I was looking for, so maybe someone here can help.

I'm creating 8 bit grayscale .bmp files for a free game called Armored Brigade. http://www.armoredbrigade.com/

The game reads a grayscale .bmp file and assigns the height (in Meters) to the value for each pixel. For example, if a pixel has a grayscale value of 155, then the elevation is 155 Meters.

My problem is that every random terrain generator tends to assign the value 0 (black) to the lowest elevation, and 255 (white) to the highest elevation, thereby making every single map between the elevations of 0-255.

For example, if I create a random heightmap in Terragen or L3DT setting the vertical range as 50 to 155 Meters, the program still creates a grayscale map with the lowest point a black (0) and the highest as white (255).

If I want my actual map vertical range between 50 and 155 Meters, how do I convert a greyscale 8 bit .bmp map from 0-255 to 50-155?

I'm hoping something in Wilbur can do this.

I'm sorry if this is a double-triple post but I'm having real issues submitting this thread