Thread: Heya all.

Post Heya all.

Heya, nice to meet you all.

I'm a freelance artist/writer with particular interest in maps and design. I'm rather psyched to find a forum that focuses primarily on that. My first professional work has been recently published in the RPG hardcover "Shadow Nations" by the Apophis Consortium. I have a degree in fine art & computer animation.

I'm here to chat, critique, and all that good stuff while i further develop my mapping portfolio and of course.. look for new gigs!

Seeya around the boards!
    Adam Watts

Welcome to the boards!

Do you have some examples of your work you are able to post up for us?
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

Great to have you here Adam! Looking forward to seeing your maps! It sounds like you qualify as an 'industry professional' - if you would like to be accorded that status, please check out the general discussion board for further details.

All the best

Ravs

Sure thing, here is the world map I worked on for the Shadow Nations setting:

http://www.radiationsky.com/images/o...urope80per.jpg
    Adam Watts

Really nice map, and Welcome to the Guild. I think you've come to the right place. (Sometimes we, here, seem to recognize that fact before new arrivals seem to.)

As I'm sure many people will tell you, please post your own work often, critique (constructively) other people's work, and have a good map-loving time.

Wow, very atmospheric map. Really beautiful work. Thanks for sharing it with us. How long did it take you? presumably you did most of it by hand and then finished it in photoshop or similar?

Glad ya like it.

Nearly the entire map was drawn via pen tablet in Photoshop CS2, with only the city and regional text done outside the computer. As a whole, this project took about 40+ hours to complete.
    Adam Watts

Welcome to the Guild, Adam. As you are psyched to be here, we are equally psyched that you found us! I hope you post often (great map, btw--you have a wonderful sense of tone/mood to the map), and offer the fruits of your knowledge to everyone here who is also trying to imrpve their maps!

Welcome to your new home!
    Don
    My gallery is here
    __________________________________________________ _______
    "Keep your mind in hell, but despair not." --Saint Silouan [1866-1938]