Thread: [Steamtech-Alternative History] Europe 1860

Professional Artist Facebook Connected Schwarzkreuz's Avatar

Wip [Steamtech-Alternative History] Europe 1860

Ok, I realy liked the Map of Diamond so i try doing my own version of my Steampunk-RPG Campagn, while working on the ARden map. Always like to try different things at the same time. Here is the first Volume draft.

Who can see the minor changes?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	europe_steam.jpg 
Views:	2856 
Size:	530.7 KB 
ID:	38973  

Have you added Atlantis? That big island is exciting and the Canary Islands are extended too right? What are your motivations for these changes? I like them. Just subtle enough.

Also, a bunch of little islands in the Caspian, off of Cyrenaica, Sicily, Iceland, Iberia and Norway, an extended Greenlandalike and new lakes west of the Black Sea. And some new lakes north of the Sinai. Any more?

Sardinia's a bit bigger, and new islands off of Libya?

I am playing with the possibility to add a Series of Clusters of New Islands and some Extended holes and New Inland seas. Land rises up from the atlantik and whole regions vanish in catasthropical landslides Leasing craters filled with Stange Minerals and poisened Water. You peoples are amazing, you Found all my changes. Dome more will come when i am back from work

Hi, I wanted the feeling that some cataclysm is destroying, rotting the coast at europe away. It starts from the "Atlantis" like Island discovered 1836. And 1839, after a first Researchexplorationteam, which bearly survived, come back to europe, the New Atlantean Terretory was a quarantine zone. Shortly after all contacts with northamerica collapsed. The Japanise Emperor sended some ships to California with an unknown result, but was the start to an extremly fast etablishing of industrial technologies and inventions. Since 1842 every sea activity between Northamerica and Europe seems to be under atack and overseatrade collapsed. The Southamerican Countrys collapsed as well and a new Pandemy kills Millions near the seaside. 1850 is the year of the Boiling Sea, Landmasses gets sunken in sudden earthslides, and new Islands appear from Italy to the Black sea. All areals soon became forbidden Zones and controlled bye military forces.

And well you are quiet impressive, you hab found all my changes of the map so far
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	europe_steam_2.jpg 
Views:	307 
Size:	328.0 KB 
ID:	38986