Thread: Author requesting quotes to turn his fantasy world map into something printable.

Default Author requesting quotes to turn his fantasy world map into something printable.

I'm about to publish my second novel and I'm looking for a print quality, professional looking map akin to what you'd see in a George R.R. Martin novel, in the sort of style you'd see here:

http://www.cartographersguild.com/al...chmentid=38377

Estimated print size will be in the neighborhood of 850 x 600 pixels or 8.5" x 5.5". I love the look of pen and paper mapmaking done electronically.

I have a rough sketch that I am ashamed to post, but that can serve as guide to the geography of the world in question, complete with cities, rivers, etc. I just need a skilled cartographer to make it look good. I need it in about a week, give or take a few days. Faster would be better. It's a black and white project, because it's going into my second novel. Credit will be given to the mapmaker in the acknowledgments, but the world's design, city names, etc are already copyrighted to me, so I'll need the copyright to the map as well.

If I'm pleased with the work, I have more that will need to be done as time goes by - my world is expanding, and I'm on book 2 of a biiig series. Will need some city maps in the future, as well as additional continents. Hope this post fits the criteria, because this is obviously my first attempt at hiring a mapmaker. Thanks for the attention!

Robert J. Crane

Professional Artist Facebook Connected Schwarzkreuz's Avatar

Well, hi Robert. I am in generally interested and would like to do a map. As I am also relatively new here I still havent uploaded a finished map here, so at least I can show you an examples of my skills in this thread ARDEN-Fantasymap

But why are you in such a hurry? I think I will be able to do your request in Time. You can send me, if you like my style, the sketch you mentioned and i can do a small Demo for you to see how it would look like in my style. My email is aristagon(a)yahoo.de Welcome on Cartographers Guild.
    Last edited by Schwarzkreuz; 10-05-2011 at 03:01 PM.

Hi Robert!

I've done a number of novel style B&W reginoal line-art maps. Please take a look at my portfolio and finished maps here (link in my signature block, below) to see if my style would work for you.

I'm available for a quick commission at the moment. You can contact me using the request a map form at my website or by email at RobA (at) cartocopia (dot) com.

P.S. you will not have access to private message until 5 posts are made - a precaution we had to implement because of spammers - so either you will have to get in touch of perspective mappers via their contact information, or you will have to provide your contact information.

Thanks in advance-

-Rob A>

Dang! And I was hoping to get this one! Whoever gets it good luck!

Thanks for all the responses! I am taken care of, not sure how to change the heading of the post to Taken, but it's all worked out now.

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Hereby changed to taken - good luck with your project
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise