Thread: Steve Jobs 1955-2011

Publisher Facebook Connected bartmoss's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Steve Jobs 1955-2011

May I ask for a virtual moment of silence for Steve Jobs? He undoubtedly pushed home computing as few others have in the past ten years. Jobs died last night, aged 56. Not entirely unexpected, since had been ill for a while, but it's a shame nonetheless.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-15193922

Professional Artist Facebook Connected Coyotemax's Avatar

I was never a fan of Mac computers, but I loves my ipods. And personal feelings about individual products or business models aside - the man did approach "you can't do that" by asking "why not?" and then doing it.

Respect where it's due.

My finished maps
    "...sometimes the most efficient way to make something look drawn by hand is to simply draw it by hand..."

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Clearly a visionary he has brought us many good things (and some frustration as well as my postings about itunes on fb and g+ yesterday is a testament too *lol*), love my iphone and macbook pro. And one thing that has always characterized Apples are beautiful products. RIP Steve.
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

It really is a shame, competition is good for the market. And without Apple we still would have used ugly computers, clunky phones and worthless cd's.
    My finished maps

Mapping Worlds (My blog about mapping)

Imaginary maps (My facbook page devoted to mapping)

Blog Entries

He certainly brought style to the gadget and is probably the singular reason gadgets have become fashion. I still despise the evil that is the apple walled garden and will never buy anything by them unless they change tack no matter how shiny and fashionable. Still, I admire the man and will appreciate him the most for taking Pixar to the level it needed to be in order to make a full length CGI film. Though a CGI film would have been done anyway, it would have most likely been done by some incumbent studio and sucked and quite possibly the medium would have died with it.

To have been sacked from the Apple board, watch the company nose dive, be reinstated and then turn the company around to be, at one time, the worlds largest company and with a cash balance that eclipsed the US federal reserve, nobody can have any doubt that it was him alone that was the key to that. He certainly changed the world.

Guild Novice Facebook Connected Archaides's Avatar

Not a huge Apple fan to be honest, always hated how they "simplified" technology by taking away freedoms.. Apple devices look nice though, and I do love Pixar. Adios, Steve.

Guild Adept

Used Mac since high school and Apple 2... oh God, floppy disc flashbacks!... and have only bought other machines through coercion. Having worked on a single company's product for 29 of my 43 years, it almost feels like I knew the man. Weird, that is. A world changer, he will be missed.

Well... I've use mac for almost 25 years and windows based for 15 years and the best machine and company have been created by a man with only perfection as motto.

What I hope is that someone will step forward for Apple with enough charisma to continue to push all the computer technology forward.