Thread: Cc3, ft & ft3

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Guild Applicant

Default Cc3, ft & ft3

Hi all.

I am looking to invest in CC3 and am considering the bundle deal that includes DD3, CD3 and Fractal Terrain. I see from a separate thread the FT3 is due for release soon. I know some of this may be crystal ball stuff but I would appreciate some input from those in the know here.
    1. With the current FT how compatible is this with CC3? I would like to create my continent to include 3D terrain then export to CC3 to add in the civilised components.
    2. Can you export a map created in CC3 back to FT to add in more detailed terrain and them back to CC3 to add in the finer details?

I am keen to get underway with my continent map and want to have the detail included that is available with FT. However, I do not want to put in a whole lot of work now using a FT generated base map to find it un-usable or not fully customisable with CC3.

Hope this makes sense!

TIA

I don't know a lot about FT and CC2/CC3 integration, but if someone here can't help you, I recommend going to the official Profantasy forums and asking - there are a lot of FT power users and discussions over there: http://forum.profantasy.com
    jaerdaph
    JUST ADD HEROES An ICONS Superpowered Roleplaying Game Blog by Joe "jaerdaph" Bardales

FT2 is a terrain generator that outputs maps in CC2 format that can then be edited in CC2 or CC3 (with the limitation that some CC3 features do not work well the CC2 maps generated by FT2; there is a way to convert the FT2-generated maps for CC3, however). FT3 will be out soonish and outputs CC3 maps directly.

FT maps serve as inputs to CC. FT cannot import CC maps for additional processing.