Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New mobile style! Cellphone/mobile users rejoice!

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Steel General View Post
    You'd think working for a telecommunications company I'd have one of these new-fangled smart-phones. Just can't justify the cost of the data plan, barely use the 'dumb phone' I have now.

Maybe, just maybe, I'll get a tablet....
    I'd like a tablet, just to have one - but they are hard to fit in your pocket. Buying the iphone is the best buy I ever made... its a great phone, and I only have the 3S version. Before getting that I only used my phone for calling and the occasional sms now and then - now I play a few games, read some comic, listen to books etc etc. Well worth the $60 I pay per month for free calls between "3" users (phonecompany), 300 minutes of phonetime to others, free SMS and MMS and free data
    So basicly what I'm saying is IF you get a smart phone, you'd probably end up using it more than you think
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

are you sure about those measurement - that pretty small...

Name:  logo-130x36.png
Views: 76
Size:  6.5 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

Quote Originally Posted by tilt View Post
    I'd like a tablet, just to have one - but they are hard to fit in your pocket. Buying the iphone is the best buy I ever made... its a great phone, and I only have the 3S version. Before getting that I only used my phone for calling and the occasional sms now and then - now I play a few games, read some comic, listen to books etc etc. Well worth the $60 I pay per month for free calls between "3" users (phonecompany), 300 minutes of phonetime to others, free SMS and MMS and free data
    So basicly what I'm saying is IF you get a smart phone, you'd probably end up using it more than you think
    I'm really not a fan of Apple's Iron Grip of Control commonly known as the App Store/iTunes so I doubt I'll ever end up with an iPad/iPhone/iPod/i???.

In terms of tablet form factor I had real strong hopes for the Blackberry Playbook because the size is (IMOO just perfect - you can stuff it in a large pocket) and they are Canadian (yeah!) they run QNX (a true, real time OS based on unix, also Canadian - yeah!) and can run flash (yeah!) but the promise has not lived up to the hype (boo!). Though if they start dumping them for under $100 I'll definately pick one up.

-Rob A>

Administrator Facebook Connected Robbie's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Definitely go with android. It's so open! Especially if you root it.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk
    All Hail FlappyMap! Long Live MapFeed!

Robbie Powell - Site Admin

I have both an android phone and tablet. They work great anf tapatalk is brilliant when you want to read this forum on the phone. On a tablet however I prefer to log in to the site via a browser. A tablet is great fun, but the 10 inch one I have is a bit big to bring with you, if you dont have a bag. But surfing on it at home is a real treat :-)
    My finished maps

Mapping Worlds (My blog about mapping)

Imaginary maps (My facbook page devoted to mapping)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12