Thread: Photoshop and Brush/Pattern Management

Question Photoshop and Brush/Pattern Management

Hey guys, been lurking and learning for a while now. Have to say you guys are great map makers.

Now that your buttered up....

I am using Photoshop CS4 on Windows 7, I have it running on my Laptop and my Desktop. I would like to be able to have both versions point to the same location for my Brushes and Textures. I have a portable HDD that I have all the information on but Photoshop saves the info for a new brush localy.

So for example I start a map on my Laptop and add a new pattern in Photoshop, I want that new pattern already in Photoshop when I work on my desktop. Make sense?

Thanks,

Dave

I don't know if PS supports it, but for GIMP(which allows custom locations for resources), I point it to a directory I have set up to my Dropbox. If PS allows custom resource locations, I would highly recommend using Dropbox(or sugarsync or whatever)... If you decide to try dropbox(2GB free) and use my referral link, I would get a bit of bonus space. Of course, I don't know if PS supports custom brush locations.
    My Finished Maps
    Works in Progress(or abandoned tests)
    My Tutorials:
    Explanation of Layer Masks in GIMP
    How to create ISO Mountains in GIMP/PS using the Smudge tool
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Thats easy enough...

cool and thanks.

-Dave