Thread: Bellows

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries

Default Bellows

Hey there,

This was done as a commission for Empyrean Games for their upcoming RPG - Clockwork Soul. You may remember the WIP thread a long time ago. http://www.cartographersguild.com/sh...?12251-Bellows

Well this one was a real bitch. Shane at Empyrean was great about it but I basically gave up on ever completing this map. Doing an overland map is one thing and doing a city map is another. But doing the inside of a mechanical city with all its workings exposed is an order of magnitude removed and I struggled with both confidence and ability.

After my recent break from mapping where I concentrated more on painting I finally felt able to try and tackle this beast once again. And here is the result:

Bellows

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bellows_small.jpg 
Views:	787 
Size:	937.2 KB 
ID:	39023

This is one of the cities from Empyrean's world of Mechanol. It is a sentient clockwork being and along with a bunch of other cities makes its slow way around the continent taking what it needs from the ground and carrying its occupants on its back and in its belly.

EDIT: Added some background info.
    Last edited by Ramah; 10-08-2011 at 06:17 AM.
    Royal: I'm very sorry for your loss, your mother was a terribly attractive woman.

My Cartographer's Guild maps: Finished Maps

More maps viewable at my DeviantArt page: Ramah-Palmer DeviantArt