Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cover Design for a Free Kaidan Adventure

@Jax - the eyes belong to a yuki-onna, or snow woman spirit and she is indeed surprised at the arrival of the PC party, as tonight she intends to collect on her bargain with the abbot of the monastery - the party is interrupting her goals. She is menacing, but surprised nevertheless.

@SG - the moon is indeed behind a thin layer of clouds, which explains the hazy edge of it.

GP
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Ah, in that case I think you are good. I am relieved for you because I was thinking you were going for malevolent anger and that wasn't quite it, hehe.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Blog Entries

I like it a lot. It conveys lots of feeling in the image. Kinda draws you in and makes you wonder about what the eyes are for and where the guys heading / what the building is. I like the low point of view looking slightly upwards too. Kinda cinematic.

I repurposed the background of the cover illustration for a portrait of the Yuki-Onna (snow woman) the primary villain of the Frozen Wind adventure. She is described as a beautiful, fair skinned woman with white hair and a white kimono with an inviting smile and a 'heavenly' glow. Of course she is really a foul spirit of Jigoku (hell) with her entourage of ice demons and the frozen corpses of the yamabushi monks of the monastery make things interesting for the party of adventurers.

GP

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	yuki-onna-portrait.jpg 
Views:	115 
Size:	146.3 KB 
ID:	39127
    Last edited by Gamerprinter; 10-12-2011 at 12:22 AM.
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Blog Entries

I like that image a lot, GP, very nicely done.

I'd remove that odd bit of shadowing on her chin though as it makes little sense compared to the form of the face. Other than that, looks great.
    Royal: I'm very sorry for your loss, your mother was a terribly attractive woman.

My Cartographer's Guild maps: Finished Maps

More maps viewable at my DeviantArt page: Ramah-Palmer DeviantArt

The module is complete, editted, corrected, illustrated and sent for release and marketing.

I created one more illustration in the style of the others in this thread. I had a hand-drawn frozen corpse monk called the Mukurokoori, but in some of the reviews of my products I get "art is meh to good" fairly regularly, and I wanted to stop seeing that, so I replaced my meh piece with this better one. I used a transparent photo to simulate the carven stone wall of the wings of the monastery cut from the cliffs of the crevice on either side of the main temple as per first illustration.

One dead guy walkin' and ready to strike you with his katana...

Name:	mukurokoori.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	56.5 KB 
ID:	39170
    DrivethruRPG store

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Cool stuff here GP!

...No pun intended
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Blog Entries

Love his head. Not so hot on the hands though.
    Royal: I'm very sorry for your loss, your mother was a terribly attractive woman.

My Cartographer's Guild maps: Finished Maps

More maps viewable at my DeviantArt page: Ramah-Palmer DeviantArt

Ramah, I fixed the hands - its trying to do so much in so very little time. I want good art, as long as it only takes me 20 minutes to do per piece. Any more than that is too much - especially since this is for a free product. I won't be paid for my work, unless someone sees the ads and actually orders one of the paid for products in back...

Name:	monk-hands-fix.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	34.4 KB 
ID:	39194
    DrivethruRPG store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12