Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: USS Singularity, NCC-74855

Default USS Singularity, NCC-74855

If there was any doubt that I'm a geek, let this post dispel it now and for all time.

These are deckplans for the PC's ship in an upcoming Star Trek (TNG-era) GURPS game I plan to run. They're large files (even at 50% as I'm posting here) and there are several of them so I'll put them up in successive posts (I know there's some kind of limit). If you're interested, the WiP thread is here. Thanks to Tilt for sticking with me while I worked on these. Wish you could join us!

The players will each have three characters of varying point values (power, in GURPS), ranging from heroic to above average. They'll play officers and crew on a small research vessel (same class as the Equinox from the ST: Voyager episode of the same name) seeking out and investigating "subspace tunnelling phenomena" in the Alpha Quadrant. They'll start out on DS9 with their first mission to re-examine the "subspace compression anomaly" previously entered by DS9 crew but not fully explored due to the demands of the war with the Dominion.

If anyone (besides Tilt!) is interested, I may post additional details (and game progress once we get going) in the general thread or blog or something.

Anyway...these maps were made for fun, copying the basic layout from the 1996 deckplans by Strategic Designs. I made some changes and chose to present them in (semi)LCARS style for use in-game on my iPad (which is the closest thing to a PADD I'll get my hands on for a few years). I'm not really happy with some of my style/design choices but I've done the best I could in a short time - and I've been doing lots of other work on the campaign besides, so I haven't been able to put as much into these as I would have liked.

Have to move on now...but I will take any suggestions for improvements under advisement! Hope you like them!
    M

Decks 1-5 attached. Just noticed a problem with the others so I'll stop here for now and post those later...most of the good stuff happens above deck 6 anyway!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	decks01-02.jpg 
Views:	901 
Size:	1.79 MB 
ID:	39056   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	deck03.jpg 
Views:	658 
Size:	1.83 MB 
ID:	39057   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	deck04.jpg 
Views:	3698 
Size:	1.92 MB 
ID:	39058   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	deck05.jpg 
Views:	758 
Size:	1.52 MB 
ID:	39059  
    Last edited by mearrin69; 10-09-2011 at 12:46 AM.

Here are decks 6 through 8. Guess the problem wasn't as major as I thought! This sheet looks a little empty, however, so I might add some more information in the lower left or something.
    M

Name:	decks06-08.jpg 
Views:	889 
Size:	1.36 MB 
ID:	39060  
    Last edited by mearrin69; 10-09-2011 at 01:24 AM.

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

Nice work, dude! (Although I don't seem able to rep you yet, it's there in spirit.)

And it's cool that Tupac gets to be XO of a Starfleet ship.

Thanks. Virtual rep is cool too!

Yeah. That bit's groan-worthy but how could I pass it up? I have a little rap song I'm working on for him...definitely not for in-game use, however:

Put on your red shirt, you 'bout to get hurt.

Right...
    M

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Cool stuff Mearrin!
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Before I forget, here's the dedication plaque.
    M

Name:	Singularity-plaque---new.jpg 
Views:	211 
Size:	383.2 KB 
ID:	39064  

Did I mention that Tu'pak Is quite old? Here's a mid-23rd-century snap of him on the bridge of an Excelsior-class. Quite dapper in that old uniform. (I know...groan)

Actually, it's quite likely that Tu'pak will be a female (and that she won't look much like a certain 21st-century President of the United States). I haven't decided yet. Still searching through photos to represent important NPCs.
    M

Name:	Lt-Cdr-Tu'Pak.jpg 
Views:	516 
Size:	122.1 KB 
ID:	39095  

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

that plaque turned out nicely as well... good work all around trekkie
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast