Thread: Hello

Default Hello

Hello All. I am new to trying to design maps, though not their admiration. I've always loved maps and see them as works of art first before any functional purpose. I hadn't ever considered creating any having got a D in Art but computers can make up for an unsteady hand. Hoping to learn and admire works of other enthusiasts.

If you need help for a very unsteady hand.. I recommend getting Sai Paint-tool as it has this awesome Stabilizer option for the brushes, and pens.
    Btw! Welcome to the guild!
    Last edited by eViLe_eAgLe; 10-10-2011 at 12:50 AM.

Actually maps are a way better subject if you have an unsteady hand, than most other possibilities. If your hand isn't obeying your mind and wiggles a river over HERE instead of THERE, so what? The river just took a different path! Sure, there's reason for precision in mapping, but if you're flexible about what you create and styles to use, you can minimize the need for picky placement. Why don't you select a likely tutorial and just tackle it? If you don't like the result I'll let you in on a secret. <whisper> all our electrons are recyclable. just delete mishaps and start over. </whisper>

And yeah, the computer *does* let you do straight lines and smooth curves easier than with pen and paper. So between permissive randomness and guided precision, you ought to be able to handle about anything in digital mapping, eh? :-)

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Welcome Aboard!
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.