Thread: CC3 fundamentals

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    The state of confusion in the pit of hell

Help CC3 fundamentals

I'm back, still a lot brain dead and in hopeless straits, but I figured it's about time I tackled CC3. Can't afford the upgrades to DD3 and CD3 yet, but I'm struggling to get thru the CC3 User's Guide. I'm on ProFantasy's forum, but figured I'd post my woes here as well. I'm trying to follow the instructions exactly, but things just aren't happening sometimes. The guide says to open a list and I get no list (important in the editing sections). I can't erase anything and I've yet to get a right-click "Do It" window. Likewise, when I was called on to click the "Move to Back" button, nothing happened. I printed out the pdf, so I could have the instructions in front of me, but I'm struggling a lot. In the videos, they make it look so easy. I think it would be useful to rewrite the User's Guide.

The state of confusion in the pit of hell

Well, I got what I needed from the ProFantasy forums, but man, is this ever tedious work!

It does get better! CC3 is a pain to learn, but once you're over the hump it is much easier.

This coming from someone who's all but abandoned it in favor of Photoshop and Illustrator, of course, so maybe my opinion isn't really worth the paper it's wrapped in.
    Bryan Ray, visual effects artist
    http://www.bryanray.name

CC3 is a powerful tool, and capable of some sweet, sweet maps!

Best of luck sir!
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave