Thread: The Hourglass of Zihaja: The Tomb of King al-Felqa

Default The Hourglass of Zihaja: The Tomb of King al-Felqa

The Tomb of King al-Felqa
    A dungeon adventure for four 2nd-4th level player characters

Maps

Pictured: A thumbnail (25%) of the first floor of the Tomb of King al-Felqa. Click on the image to be linked directly to the full-sized map (1,000×1,650 pixels) hosted on DeviantArt.

Pictured: A thumbnail (25%) of the second floor of the Tomb of King al-Felqa. Click on the image to be linked directly to the full-sized map (1,000×1,650 pixels) hosted on DeviantArt.

Pictured: A thumbnail (25%) of the third floor of the Tomb of King al-Felqa. Click on the image to be linked directly to the full-sized map (1,000×1,650 pixels) hosted on DeviantArt.

Background
    The last emperor of the Hadi dynasty, Qadir Hadi al-Felqa was born in the year 93 of the Imperial Reckoning. The eldest son of Emperor Maliq I of Admaja & his concubine Sumehra, he grew up in the Shining Palace in the capital city of Asanam. He grew up to assume the Throne of Adamant from his father & became a strong leader in his own right, being crowned Emperor Qadir II in the year 116. Despite having been raised almost entirely within the imperial palace, he was very interested in the wider world, & traveled extensively upon reaching adulthood, both outside & within the borders of the empire. Desiring to spread the benevolence & culture of the Admajai, he greatly expanded the empire, annexing the conquered lands of Shadaz, Abed Island, & other places.

Widely renowned as a wise & just ruler, Emperor Qadir had a keen interest in the arts, & was particularly fond of the works of the great storyteller Zarim izr Qaledaj. Later known simply as King al-Felqa to distinguish him from the many royal & imperial leaders named Qadir, his most prized possession was a gift from Qaledaj. The legendary poet gave the emperor the Dahab Husam al-Maliqi (the Golden Sword of Kings), a memento of Qaledaj’s days as a travelling adventurer.

King al-Felqa ruled the Empire of Admaja for over 30 years, & was much loved by his people. But in the year 147, he was cruelly poisoned by his son, Aziz, who had coveted the Throne of Adamant for some time. The slain emperor was placed within his chosen tomb, a site in the northern Ral Zadi, a place that he dearly loved. It is said that the Dahab Husam al-Maliqi is buried with him in his vault, & that he is watched over by eternal guardians to ensure his timeless rest.

Plot Hooks

• The PCs have heard rumors of the fine treasures that decorated the emperor’s tomb, including his precious sword.
    • The PCs have been hired to enter the tomb, explore its dark passages, & retrieve a specific item for their benefactor.
    • The PCs discover a map that details not only how to reach the sealed tomb, but alludes to the means of entering it.
    • The PCs have been commissioned to rescue a team of explorers who entered the tomb weeks ago & never returned.

For (way) more information about this dungeon, please feel free to look here. For (WAY) more information about this setting, please feel free to look here.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

I like it, but the background is a little bit dominating/distracting.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.