Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Lands and Baronies of the Crown of St. Peter's Castle

Map The Lands and Baronies of the Crown of St. Peter's Castle

Here it is, my little campaign map. I'm just posting the b-w and the "dark" version. The original is about 10,500 x 8,000 pixels and I have no idea as yet where I would post that, since it's hugemungous. I'd really like to thank everyone who commented in the WIP thread, it really helped motivate me to finish it off better than I would have otherwise.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	svetopetrograjska_v5_dark_2000.jpg 
Views:	645 
Size:	2.28 MB 
ID:	39224

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	svetopetrograjska_v5_1_bw_2000.jpg 
Views:	432 
Size:	1.39 MB 
ID:	39211

The title changed a bit because of the cartouche, which came after I started. Here is the original WIP thread if you want to see how the map developed (the final b-w is a smidgeon different from the last WIP).

This is a map of the current region of play of a pretty tongue-in-cheek rpg setting where I play with my friends. Most of the slavic place-names are actually jokes, puns, intentional misspellings, grammatical inconsistencies and so forth. It's actually weird, because this has become our longest running campaign. Here is a link to the sketched map of the "whole" setting: Svet Zelenograjske aka. The World of the Green County. You'll notice the world is itself a slight joke, basically a T-O map with mountains instead of seas, while in the middle you have a mountain called "Tribog", which literaly means "Three God" - another tease on various T-O maps. Anyway, the lands of this map can be found in the far north-east, across the vast steppes, and are a play on the mythical medieval Kingdom of Prester John and one of our players, Peter, who was always late, absent or asleep at our game sessions (i.e. he became mythical for it, so we said he was in some kingdom far away doing things of his own).

Edit: re-uploaded colour version to try and get the thumbnail to show.
    Last edited by Lukc; 10-14-2011 at 06:40 PM.

This is a truly inspired piece of work. I love both versions, but like others I prefer the B&W version a tiny bit more. The retro feel, the hand lettering, the symbols, everything is just spot on. This absolutely deserves to be a featured map. I can't wait to see what you come up with next!
    "Listen, strange women lyin' in ponds distributin' swords is no basis for a system of government."

My Albums - My Portfolio

Indeed. Very nice!

Professional Artist Guild Donor Sapiento's Avatar

Indeed a fantastic map! And the fact, that the hand-drawn labels are so readable - I wouldn't even try.

Blog Entries

A very nice map, Lukc. Well done.
    Royal: I'm very sorry for your loss, your mother was a terribly attractive woman.

My Cartographer's Guild maps: Finished Maps

More maps viewable at my DeviantArt page: Ramah-Palmer DeviantArt

Beautiful work man!

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Wonderful!!
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Guild Apprentice Facebook Connected wynn's Avatar

That looks awesome man!

Professional Artist Facebook Connected Schwarzkreuz's Avatar

This marks a new hightpoint for me! This is a map that pushes me forward to improove my skills!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast