Thread: WIP - Xer, city in Pathfinder setting.

Guild Adept Facebook Connected Dain's Avatar

Default WIP - Xer, city in Pathfinder setting.

Hi guys,
    I've been thinking of mapping something for the Pathfinder community (french) for a while now. After sharing ideas with friends, I decided to give it a go.
    This is going to be "Xer", in the Theocracy of Razmir.
    Hope it'll turn well

Step1:
    Sketch. Resol: 9000x7000 300dpi, to get an idea of the basic shape
    This is always my favorite step, as we have to create something from scratch.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	xer-wip-1.jpg 
Views:	775 
Size:	387.8 KB 
ID:	39249  

Guild Journeyer Facebook Connected anstett's Avatar

Looks very nice so far. I only wonder if the terraces on the Low city, (bottom right) could be tweaked? At first I saw them and said, wait the land does not drop away from the sea level there does it? I would guess when you add in shading it will be more clear.

BOB
    We do not stop playing because we grow old.
    We grow old because we stop playing.

www.dragonslayers-society.org

Community Leader Facebook Connected torstan's Avatar

Looks really good. I like the layout, lots of interesting features. I was wondering how ships get upriver - at the moment the government buildings look like they block access?

Wow. Very nice. I'm going to rep you now for concept...so I'll be able to do it again when you finish what I'm betting will be a very nice map!
    M

Guild Adept Facebook Connected Dain's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by anstett View Post
    Looks very nice so far. I only wonder if the terraces on the Low city, (bottom right) could be tweaked? At first I saw them and said, wait the land does not drop away from the sea level there does it? I would guess when you add in shading it will be more clear.
    BOB
    Yep, this is typically the outcome chen too many ideas come together. On one hand, I wanted terraces and on the other hand completely forgot to add the poor district/ Low city. I agree it doesn't work very well together. That'll be fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by torstan View Post
    Looks really good. I like the layout, lots of interesting features. I was wondering how ships get upriver - at the moment the government buildings look like they block access?
    It is actually a bridge but I agree we can't see anything that shows it. The structure is supposed to let the ships go from under.
    In fact, I'm also in the process to draw an isometric view of the area, to help me grasp better the possibilities in term of architecture, reliefs and landscape. I'll post them here when done, of course

Quote Originally Posted by mearrin69 View Post
    Wow. Very nice. I'm going to rep you now for concept...so I'll be able to do it again when you finish what I'm betting will be a very nice map!
    M
    Thanks mate, just hope It'll be true
    Last edited by Dain; 10-15-2011 at 03:32 PM.

Guild Apprentice Facebook Connected wynn's Avatar

Very cool concept, I especially like the variety you have. Hope to see more soon