Thread: Hi all

Post Hi all

Just dropping a short note to say hi, and to introduce myself.
    I have absolutely no experience with this sort of thing but I'm driven to learn a bit more about the mapmaking process.
    I guess I'm a lover of all things cartographic/hydrographic. I can honestly say that I fell in love with maps when I was learning ocean navigation. As a result I spend far too long map-gazing. Adding the element of imagination and, of course, I was always going to end up here.
    Hope to meet you all in good time.

Blog Entries

Welcome to the guild. We have had lots of talk about ocean navigation in the past and all those Rhumb lines you see on maps. If you think that there is much to say on the matter then by all means post about map reading out in the ocean with no points of reference other than the sun and stars to go by. That would be an interesting post I think.

And you know what, we should have a "map a pirate map" as a compo challenge for doing some hydrographic maps. Its been a long while...

Welcome and hello!

Welcome! <waves hello> We've got something to learn from every person that joins - stick an oar in whenever you sea you can add a drop of info to the current discussion, or if nothing sounds like it'll answer your questions, launch a new thread. Oh, buoy, I'd better shut up now.....

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Welcome Aboard!
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.