Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Elosha

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Wip Elosha

Something I whipped up today just to keep in practice. I put the dread red letters in just to see if I could make them work. I'll finish it up tomorrow night.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Elosha.jpg 
Views:	201 
Size:	4.44 MB 
ID:	18866  
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Whoa nice, very painterly. Not a big fan of the colour scheme but that's just personal preference, still nice colours though. What text is that, it fits perfectly with a fantasy map.

-D-
    People come and people go. I walk amongst them, I see their faces; but none see mine. I pass them in the streets but nary a glance is spared my way, for what interest would they have in a Wanderer? Not of this world... Forever Alone... Forever Wandering... LoneWandererD...

My DeviantART

Finished Maps

RIP Angel "Ingy" Yates - The first inspiration that guided me towards art. You will be missed...

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

I almost feel obligated to comment, since I'm usually the one that "complains" about the red lettering.

It works well here because you've got enough of a glow/stroke around it so that it doesn't bleed into the green as well as it being larger size.

Oh yeah...it's a pretty darn nice map as well
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

I'm with ya on the red SG that's why I took it on to force it. Basically it's a mud color overlay with a red inner glow and gradient stroke of dark reds with a white outer glow. The font is Sanctuary...wanted something kind of spooky. Not too wild about the Ts being ankhs and no capital letters so maybe I'll change that tonight. The whole thing is pretty much a hybrid of my style combined with the Dragon Age style...or an attempt at least.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

Su-weeeet

Kinda reminded me of the Southern half of Sweden untill I saw all the mountains.
    Yesterday today was tomorrow.
    My deviantart: http://darkaiz.deviantart.com/

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

I actually like that font, even with the ankh Ts
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Guild Journeyer

Nice map, though I think the coastlines are extremely fractal-like. I like the 'blurry' map style, but the lettering pops out more than it should I think. The coloring works just fine though.

Looks very cool, as always. I like the seas around the islands a lot. That blue is very vibrant. The shore does maybe look a little too "fractal", but its a very minor quip.
    "Listen, strange women lyin' in ponds distributin' swords is no basis for a system of government."

My Albums - My Portfolio

Excellent points my friends. I was thinking the same thing about blurring the letters and symbols. On the coast I probably overdid it with the pixellate-crystallize filter...need to go back and run a noise-median on that to smooth it out just a tad.

I have not much to add.
    The fractal coastlines were already addressed, and the blurriness of the vegetation is apparently done on purpose and should work nicely for printing purposes.
    The only thing apart from the coastline I would think about refining some more, personally, would be the transition from mountains to flatter terrain, especially in the wooded areas.

Just my 2 cents.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast