View Poll Results: Please vote for one (1) entry

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: *** September/October Lite Challenge VOTING - A Fresh Perspective ***

Community Leader Facebook Connected torstan's Avatar

Default *** September/October Lite Challenge VOTING - A Fresh Perspective ***

The challenge this month was to map something from a new point of view. The map could depict anything, as long as it was from an angle other than top down.

Here are the thumbnails for this month's challenge:

Please vote for ONE entry this month and remember to rep those that you vote for.

Blog Entries

So this is the LITE challenge then... riiiiight.

If there has to be one vote then so be it but maybe this time we should have two votes, allow for a joint win and award three silver compasses each and just cut to the chase and force them into the main challenge next time - no offense to the other entrants but seriously - I pity you guys this month. Its like Schley having a pop at the lite challenge...

So ok, I went with the purple worm only because it had references to dire hamsters in it and I did a map of the petrified titan skulls all those months back.

Heh - 4 a piece at this point. A close run then

Hey, I intentionally didn't put a ### Latest WIP ### tag on the little termite dude - he's an incidental illustration. The railroad tie is the map, well, mappish thing, err, first draft of a maplike crossection. Doesn't matter anyway - had I finished the whole thing with myriad tunnels, t'would have been at most an interesting footnote to the Really Hard To Decide REAL COMPETITION. Redrobes, we can still engineer a proper joint award if we carefully wait til the voting is almost over, and stack Lukc and Dain's votes to be equal, right? NOT that I would have a selfish reason to suggest they both work in the main challenge, noooooooooooooo.

Think I'll leave both the worm and the duck up on my browser and keep going back over the next couple of days.... trying to pick one... guys, those are both really really nice.

I thought I was going to go for Dain...but then Lukc came out of nowhere with the Deep Purple Dungeon. Wow, guys, great entries this month!
    M

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

@Redrobes *lol*.. I sooo agree .. tough challenge this month, and I so wanted to vote for both Dain and Lukc but since I only have one vote I ended up voting for the Purple Worm for its original idea and it being more "mappy" than the inn. Great work both of you
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

Yeah, Sitting Duck Inn is lovely, but I could take Deep Purple and use that to run an adventure with that as my actual map. If Dain keeps entering with those skills, though, he'll be winning his way out of the lite challenge pretty soon.

I just realized that I could have possibly entered this challenge after all. No way in someplacewarm that I would have stood a chance though, so I'll save my idea for another time. As with everyone else, I think both the Inn and the Worm are awesome maps, well beyond anything I could do. But I chose to vote for Worm.
    My Finished Maps | My Planet Maps | My Challenge Entries | Album: Pre-generated Worlds

------
    Assuming I stick with fantasy cartography, I'd like to become a World Builder, laying out not only a realistic topography, but also the geopolitical boundaries and at least rough descriptions of the countries and societies.

Odd that I only get 4 entries when I click on the thumbs link.....somehow Lukc's entry is missing.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Community Leader Facebook Connected torstan's Avatar

Ah, all down to a missing ### Latest WIP ### tag. We've been fixing the new thumbnailer and that fell through the cracks.

Guild Adept Facebook Connected Dain's Avatar

Oh oh, so it seems I'm not gonna win that one. No worries, the most important is to participate and show the community that Cartogrpher's Guild is very active and show a good spirit.

Congrats Lukc, it is well deserved, as your work was really amazing!
    Just hope I'll be able to challenge you a little bit more next time. Your work has been inspiring and the good part is that I've learned a lot from it. I'm sharpening my tools right away!

What I've learned form this challenge is to listen carefully to the advice from people who are used to this kind of challenge. I've been "warned" about the aspect more "illustration than mappy" but didn't take it into account enough.
    So the moral of all of this is that we guys have to post post post our work and ask for feedback and read them/ take them into account carrefully.

Thanks for you guys who voted for me btw, really happy to see that my work was appreciated

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast