Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Micro Comission: Autumn Woods

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Autumn-Woods-v6-small.jpg 
Views:	222 
Size:	511.9 KB 
ID:	39323

There we go ... I'm calling this finished for the purposes of a quick little battlemap

Comments and ideas for things to fix very welcome - I'll take advantage of them for the next one.

Guild Journeyer Facebook Connected anstett's Avatar

Comments

1 - Very nice map if it did not have the grid I could use it in my VTT game in about 2 minutes.

2 - The drop shadows are nice but I would actually make them a bit more dramatic to show the height of the wall ruins (more shadow, higher pile of stone)

3 - For a battle map it needs more space around everything. (I think this applies to almost all of them) Just extending out the edges and filling in with the random trees is a good thing. If the DM does not want the extra space he does not have to print them, or he can crop them out. But is is much easier to crop etc then to add more. Give the characters at least 100 feet of space from the focus of the map to the edge. These are not 8 by 10 sheets of paper, pixels can extend for a long ways

4 - A small bit in the corner with your name on it!

I do like this a lot, I would use it.

BOB
    We do not stop playing because we grow old.
    We grow old because we stop playing.

www.dragonslayers-society.org

1. Well ... removing the grid isn't that hard, it's just a top layer with multiply at 50%

2. You're right, but I was a bit worried about the shadows becoming overpowering if made too many of them, also I flattened layers as I went, so - tbh - I didn't quite feel like digging through older save versions. But definitely something to keep in mind.

3. See, this is the main thing - how to represent trees. In some of the mapping tools they do this by drawing a little "tree trunk" in the middle of trees, showing exactly where they block movement and where they don't. Not 100% sure ... what do you guys think about those?

4. DOH!

In any event, I love this map! Thanks, Lukc!

Well, glad to be of service kethoth

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12