Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Forest

Default The Forest

Hello,

I've been looking at this site since spotting it in the Steel Remains and I am pretty impressed. I'm wondering if anyone would want to map out a fantasy world I'm working on for a novel, because I think it is pretty interesting. I'm happy to pay a fair amount if the quality is great, but I'm also happy if someone wants to muck around with the setting for fun.

The pitch is, it is a continent which is dominated by an enormous forest. Everything we've been warned about lurking in the forest as children is in there. Mankind is confined to the coasts, the last place left untouched by the Forest. The coasts are dominated by a naval empire. Wood is taboo or in some cultures is a status symbol. The fact that the coasts are ruled by a naval empire which relies on wood, of course, makes things interesting. Please let me know.

I would be willing, im pretty new to MapMaking requests for a novel. Feel free to look at my started threads which most of them are maps.
    What kind of style would you like? It doesn't matter to me, I can do a satelite, stylistic, and a few others. If I don't know how to do it I will learn.

I was sort of hoping for a map with an incomplete, medieval style to it. Its a pre-industrial setting, so of course they arent going to have modern methods, or even have a comprehensive knowledge of the whole world. But really I'm happy for you to do what you want. When i said it was for a novel... I meant I havent even got as far as characters or plot. I just have the setting. I like to begin with rounding out the setting. I could only find your Lonely Continent thread but I really liked it.

I could add a bit of grunge or something to the map I could make for you? I can also hand-draw stuff so don't be afraid to ask for that.

http://www.mystichammer.com/conan/im...borian_Map.jpg

I like this sort of thing. Simple, old-worldy. When/how do you want the description and details?

Anytime its easy for you. I wouldn't be able to finish it a little after sunday or something though, family is in the hopsital and i'm away from my computer right now. I'd take them right now and get started as soon as I get home if you want.
    Last edited by eViLe_eAgLe; 10-18-2011 at 08:28 PM.

Thats no problem. Quick geographical description:

Limits of the continent is the coast in the west, north and south, and a mountain range in the east. Most of the continent will be covered in the forest. The coast should be interesting, with plenty of quays, bays and bights. There are a chain of islands in the south, and a larger island in the west (this is the capital of the naval empire). the island would be close to the shore and at the mouth of a large bay. North of that same bay is a piece of land devoid of the forest, a large desert.

geographically:

Bound in the North, South and West by the sea, mountain range in the east. The Forest dominates everything, leaving only the coast, except for a wasteland in the northwest. In the south there is a chain of islands, a smaller one in the southwest, and a larger island in the West, at the mouth of a large bay. North of this is the wasteland I mentioned. The coast should look interesting, with plenty of bights, bays, quays and peninsulas.

I'll post the political boundaries a little later.

sorry if i posted twice, it didnt turn up the first time.

By bound in the north.. What do you mean?

Oh sorry, as in there is sea all around except in the east. Like a big peninsula. Sorry... I'm no cartographer.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast