Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Map for Norse mythology, opera of the Ring of the Nibelung

Guild Novice

Post Map for Norse mythology, opera of the Ring of the Nibelung

I do family trees of characters in Operas
    I have done one for Wagner's Ring and am looking to do a story/terrain map of the Ring.
    I have seen ones done for the Hobbit and Lord of the Rings.
    I have seen fine ones done on this site.

A challenge here is that there are mountains, forests, deep caverns .... more.

Is there one of you here who would like to share with me the work you do that I may
    be interested either to draw on (pun intended) or work with in building this illustration.
    I can pay a fee, however my budget is not large.

I do some graphic work myself for these family trees and would be glad to share with
    someone further.

Ohhhh! The Ring of the Nibelung!

I would be very interested but more information would be good. Do you have an example of what you are looking for in terms of the terrain / map?

Professional Artist Guild Donor Sapiento's Avatar

Sounds interesting, yes. Like ravells said, it would be helpful if you give us more information.

Guild Novice

I will write more this weekend. A question .... I can share the family tree I have done .... how do I load it to a this site? or am I allowed to email to guilld members ....

Untitled-1. by bhanain03 ... is a good example
    With the ring there are about a half dozen main locations ..... all i get directly from the libretto verses and stage directions.
    The locales are a mountain top where the gods assemble, a valley below through which the Rhine river flows (and the Rhinemaidens live)
    across the valley on a mountain .... to the east ... is the fortress Valhalla .... also across the river and somewhat to the south is a forest
    where the Giants live. We also have a rock / mountain top where Wotan places Brunnhilde. and We have a location further south
    where the Gibichungs live .... at any rate I would do a very clear sketch. I would want something not too unlike what one sees for
    Hobbit or Lord of the Rings Maps .... however I believe there should be fewer locales (there are gorges, caves as well). .... and very
    clear. I could actually sequence the major actions of the opera from site to site.

I am not in a hurried mode on this ... probably wanting to complete this in about a year. I am not in a position to pay any significant
    fee.

I hope this helps for now.
    MartyK.

Guild Novice

Ravells and Sapiento .... your works look very fine and have applicability
    kind regards,
    Marty K.

Guild Novice

Let me clarify more ... I just do not know the normal way to compensate .... one way would be pay some commission based on the sales I make ... this is all new so I do not know a fair price to offer if it were just fee based...... I do know that I will do extensive sketches. There are 4 works involved ... so each would have a map and they would all connect. Within each there are routes that are taken and would need to be laid out. Within each there are routes that are taken and would need to be laid out. So after my sketches I would bee able to have better conversations regarding fee. I am now doing a work that is 12 1by 18 inches laminated. I see this work to probably have similar dimensions. So when I get to that point I'll send out some more querys. thanks Marty

Guild Novice

Let me clarify more ... I just do not know the normal way to compensate .... one way would be pay some commission based on the sales I make ... this is all new so I do not know a fair price to offer if it were just fee based...... I do know that I will do extensive sketches. There are 4 works involved ... so each would have a map and they would all connect. Within each there are routes that are taken and would need to be laid out. Within each there are routes that are taken and would need to be laid out. So after my sketches I would bee able to have better conversations regarding fee. I am now doing a work that is 12 1by 18 inches laminated. I see this work to probably have similar dimensions. So when I get to that point I'll send out some more querys. thanks MartyLet me clarify more ... I just do not know the normal way to compensate .... one way would be pay some commission based on the sales I make ... this is all new so I do not know a fair price to offer if it were just fee based...... I do know that I will do extensive sketches. There are 4 works involved ... so each would have a map and they would all connect. Within each there are routes that are taken and would need to be laid out. Within each there are routes that are taken and would need to be laid out. So after my sketches I would bee able to have better conversations regarding fee. I am now doing a work that is 12 1by 18 inches laminated. I see this work to probably have similar dimensions. So when I get to that point I'll send out some more querys. thanks Marty

Guild Novice

Ravells,
    I have a graphic on a pdf file that would show some work I have done on this thus far .... more from the point of view of the characters.
    Is there a way I can send it to this sight - pdf file - so people can view it?
    thanks,
    Marty

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Gidde's Avatar

There is Hit the Go Advanced button on the reply, then below the message window hit the Manage Attachments button. Then you can browse to it and upload it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast