Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hand-drawn Star Trek battlemap...

Very cool, it is always nice to see that of what people come up with in regards to bridge layouts, very nice and keep up the great work.

Thanks. I should point out, if I haven't already, that it's not my design. The basic layout comes from a blueprint (OOP now, I think) by Strategic Designs. Some of the decor comes from photos of the Voyager bridge.

Here's a higher resolution pic. More consoles completed and I've started laying in a light color design for the carpeting. Am considering if I want to do anything fancier...like the upward-facing lights in front of Voyager's conn or maybe the bluish glow from under-console lights. Probably won't go that far, though...not on this pretty crummy paper.
    M

Edit: I'm not a great photographer/lighter anyway and these are taken with my (NEW!) iPhone, so they're of so-so quality.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo9.jpg 
Views:	171 
Size:	1.81 MB 
ID:	39433  

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

still going strong - I have the old version of those markers, they are great to work with
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

Thanks. Yeah, they are really nice to use. Most of the ones in her collection are fairly saturated, which is fine for this LCARS stuff. The two greys (warm and regular) worked out well for the main contrasting colors on the decor...and I'm using colored pencils of about the same shade on the carpet pattern (such as it is). I'm filling in the black on the consoles with just a plain old Sharpie black very fine pen. I'm sort of surprised it's covering so well...I'd hate to have to do it even with the fine side of those Prismacolor markers (they're not so very fine).
    M

Consoles are done! We're going to be using this next week so I've got to get it looking good. I'm also going to make a start on main engineering and the cargo bay (if it'll fit on a page) but they might only be rough by next week's introductory scenario. Singularity's a research ship but the captain's a security guy who fought in the Dominion War...and Starfleet has installed holoemitters in many key areas so the LMH can get around when needed...so that means the crew has been facing a lot of holo-drills. Next week: The Cardassians try to stop a shipment of critical components for the Polyoptes Array. Intruder alert! But it's only a drill...
    M

Name:	photo10.jpg 
Views:	164 
Size:	1.95 MB 
ID:	39467  

Mostly carpeted now. What a lot of work this is. Am now considering cutting it down and mounting it with spray adhesive on foamcore. Will look into it. I'd like to laminate it too but that might be over the top/too expensive.
    M

Edit: FYI, I bought a few packs of these minis. Should be here in a few days. I think I can modify them for the races we'll have on the ship and to make their uniforms look like the design we're going to be using. Will post a couple when I get them done up.

Name:	photo11.jpg 
Views:	170 
Size:	1.18 MB 
ID:	39483  

This is really cool man!

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

looks great, and great minis... love the red-shirt packs *lol*
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

Neat stuff. +3 because it's hand drawn!

Guild Member

I like where this is going. The photos of the work area with the schematics is really neat. It shows the human effort that people forget about when creating a map like this, or when computers get involved. Great work. Look forward to seeing it finnished.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast