Thread: Hello from a closet cartographer :)

Guild Applicant

Default Hello from a closet cartographer :)

Hello there

Its only polite to introduce myself as im new to the forum
    Im HGLou or just Lou. I enjoy creating and recreating maps,but im old school and do everything with a pencil and some graph paper Its a hobby / slight obsession of mine but not one may of my friends and family know about (you'd understand if you met me why you wouldn't put me and mapping together in a million years) . I'm interested in talking to people who share a similar interest in hand drawn maps and also recreating fantasy maps ( Tolkiens Middle Earth is an obvious but fun one and Paolinis Aleglesia is another) and im also interested in starting to digitally create maps ( im not fully convinced at the moment though ). Im also interested in sharing my work with people who will offer constructive feed back and learning from people who have been mapping for a much longer time than I have feel free to get in touch and ask me any questions about my work. A general overview of current projects at the moment would be 3 main maps titled "Xoc" "W2" and "R.A.W." ( my first commissioned piece for a close friend of mine ) ,

peace out and happy mapping

x

Welcome to the Guild! I love Alegesia too, same with Middle earth!

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Welcome Aboard!
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

welcome to the guild - If you make a WIP thread for your maps, you can get help and critique while working
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise