Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Map Pack - Fantasy Maps: Graveyard and Church

Default New Map Pack - Fantasy Maps: Graveyard and Church

Hey guys! I wanted to announce the release of a new map pack. "Graveyard and Church" is a nice, Gothic encounter map just in time for Halloween! There are a total of seven maps included: The base map (48 in. x 36 in.), three maps for the interior of the church, one map for the interior of the grave keeper's shack, one map for the interior of the mausoleum, and one map for the crypt!

I'll paste the copy below. Feel free to take a look--I definitely recommend checking out the flash preview on RPGNow.

__________________________________________________ __

What evil lurks in the graveyard that is causing the bodies of dead to reanimate? Who is responsible for the evil, the dirty grave keeper in his small hovel or the pious holy-men in their country church? Has an innocent child become lost in the catacombs beneath the mausoleum, or have filthy grave-robbers moved in with an eye on plunder? With D20 Cartographer, the story is in your hands!

"Fantasy Maps" are full-featured encounter maps designed to fit any traditional fantasy world. This release, "Graveyard and Church" is a massive 48 in. x 36 in. encounter-scale map which includes six additional indoor maps for the included structures: a 3-story church complete with bell-tower, a grave keeper's shack, a mausoleum, and a subterranean crypt! All maps are in the traditional 1 inch = 5 feet scale.

Included for your convenience are several different formats including:
    • Full-color maps in .jpg format
    • High-contrast black and white maps in .jpg format
    • PDF files with images sliced up over multiple pages for easy home-printing (compatible with both US Letter and A4 International paper)

D20 Cartographer also supports virtual table top (VTT) systems and includes:
    • 100 DPI gridless map with objects removed
    • A folder with all ‘objects' in .png format for use on this map or reuse on your private maps
    • An RPTools MapTool VTT file (.cmpgn) with vision blocking and object layer set up for you

__________________________________________________ __

Anyway, thanks a bunch for reading! I wish you good gaming and a happy Halloween!
    Last edited by RecklessEnthusiasm; 10-20-2011 at 04:32 PM.

Blog Entries

Honestly, I can never be bothered to visit these RPG supermarket sites mainly because I don't play D&D or whatever but also because it invariably means me allowing scripts etc. on the resulting webpage to see stuff. So whenever you post about these map packs all I ever see is your little thumbnails that you post.

That being said your thumbnails always look nice and I do not doubt they are nice maps.

I always have to wonder though, is there much of a market for these things? Do you make money from them? I guess you must as you seem to be rattling them out. Anyway, good luck with your new pack.
    Royal: I'm very sorry for your loss, your mother was a terribly attractive woman.

My Cartographer's Guild maps: Finished Maps

More maps viewable at my DeviantArt page: Ramah-Palmer DeviantArt

Nice job! I also wonder how big of a industry this is.

Ramah and Evile_Eagle:

Hey there. I'll attach a small .jpg of some of the Readme file so you can have a better idea of what this product looks like!

As far as money goes, no, it isn't a huge industry. I am still pretty new to this sort of thing, so I couldn't give as definite answers as some of the more seasoned mappers on here. Personally, I like to view it more as a fun hobby!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sample Images.jpg 
Views:	675 
Size:	1.00 MB 
ID:	39363

Really nice Reckless, I can tell alot of work goes into these. Maybe in a few years or something I can start doing this myself!

Quote Originally Posted by eViLe_eAgLe View Post
    Really nice Reckless, I can tell alot of work goes into these. Maybe in a few years or something I can start doing this myself!
    Thanks, EE. I try to do my best! I am sure you could do this sort of thing whenever you put your mind to it. I can count at least 5 CG members who have stuff up for sale!

Wow, nice job RE. They look fabulous!
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Blog Entries

Cheers for the larger images, RE. It all looks very professionally laid out and I'm sure that given time your small hobby will reap larger rewards for you.
    Royal: I'm very sorry for your loss, your mother was a terribly attractive woman.

My Cartographer's Guild maps: Finished Maps

More maps viewable at my DeviantArt page: Ramah-Palmer DeviantArt

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

looks good RE - good luck with it
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

Jaxlion - Thanks buddy! I worked hard on this one. I am kind of learning as I go, and I definitely think my more recent maps are better than my older ones! I have tons of ideas, but I just need to put pen to paper (finger to mouse?) and get them done.

Ramah - Thanks for the compliment! I have friends who work in the design industry, so I am always VERY self conscious that my layouts look really amateur. I'm sure I'm committing terrible design sins, but at least I'm not using papyrus font anymore.

Tilt - Thanks buddy! I'm looking forward to seeing what you come up with too!

Incidentally, the typo (missing m) in Devin Night's web address is fixed in the actual product. Huge thanks to Devin for letting me bundle some of his free tokens in with the download.
    Last edited by RecklessEnthusiasm; 10-22-2011 at 01:10 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast