Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: March Entry: Ran Dum's Deadly Dungeon

Community Leader Facebook Connected Badger's Avatar

Wip March Entry: Ran Dum's Deadly Dungeon

Just putting in my entry. I'm not exactly sure how I'm going to go about this just yet, My first couple of ideas were already taken and probably done better than I could have done them myself... I still favor something akin to my early years of gaming, it looks like something (albeit on a smaller scale) that I would have cooked up... but I've little time until the weekend to figure it out....

Good luck to everyone as well. Happy Mapping!

Del

**noticed in the rules header that it needed a jpg file with the first post.. so I put up my little graph paper sketch that I did while storming for an idea...at least its a pic
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	scan0002.jpg 
Views:	93 
Size:	656.2 KB 
ID:	2642  
    Last edited by Badger; 03-19-2008 at 06:45 AM. Reason: Changed Title

[NOTE: I moved the discussion of the Guild Challenge voting procedures to this post in order to eliminate the threadjacking of del's entry!]
    Don
    My gallery is here
    __________________________________________________ _______
    "Keep your mind in hell, but despair not." --Saint Silouan [1866-1938]

I've been wracking my brain for an idea... and I'll probably fall short of this goal but I'll try to do the idea justice.

Looking at this dungeon reminds me of the old game called HeroQuest, and another game (Which might be the same one, but a later print under a different name) Warhammer Quest... it came with mini's, random floor tiles that you could link together.... everyone played, there was no real "GM" per se... I'm sure a number of you know what I'm talking about ...(matter of fact, I actually have those games in the closet)

So... I'm going to try and map it out as if we were playing a game of Warhammer Quest. Yet another quest that we probably won't live through... Barbarian, Elf, Dwarf and Wizard... classic. I'm excited about it.. I just hope I know what I'm doing... lol.

But then again.. there's always... Gauntlet style... (not new gauntlet... old school gauntlet from the arcade.... "Wizard Needs Food!") lol

Are we allowed to edit and change the title of the post? as in renaming the map?

Wip Floor

Here is the floor of the dungeon... I guess when I figure out how to get some walls put in... or rather, how I get some cool looking walls put in...

I'm still not sure I'm entirely happy with the floor, so it might get a tweak or two ...

That's half the size of the original

Name:	web_dungeon.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	558.3 KB 
ID:	2721  

Added some fill and walls... unfortunately, i'm a bit slow at it... this one even has a mistake in it that I just caught, but hey... its a learning process... Still... the map may yet go through radical changes before all is said and done...

Name:	web_dungeon2.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	747.1 KB 
ID:	2755  

Seems I had a problem with my photoshop, and I'm waiting on a new DVD in the mail for the whole suite ... so I may not get this finished this month, if that is the case, I just wanted to let everyone know why... I could finish it out in CC3 but we'll wait and see what happens...

Wip Pen and INk

I did a pen and ink and wondered what you all thought of it... just something I threw together last night at work.

Name:	scan0004.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	1.43 MB 
ID:	2793  

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast