Thread: Real Life Shadow Calculations - anyone?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Real Life Shadow Calculations - anyone?

So, post number 4000 - and I think I'll use it for asking for help with a personal problem. There are some mad skills in this guild and almost always somebody who knows the answer to any question. So I pose this question. Can anyone help me calculating the shadow impact of raising the roof on my house?
    I've attached a picture of the land plot with the house on it, measurements showing how high over sea level the ground is, where it is in the world, how high the roof is and how high I'd like it to be.
    I am of course aware that the shadows cast by the house will change depending on time of year.

What I'm really curios about is how far the shadows reach now and if the roof gets raised, what the difference is - and if it will impact my neighbor (cause I'm a nice guy *lol*). I have no idea how to approach this, but I guess somehow it should be possible to get some angles of the sun and such. If I could map it in 3D I would - but that is beyond my capabilities.

Hope someone can help
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	roofheightchange.jpg 
Views:	151 
Size:	156.6 KB 
ID:	39373  
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise