Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Would love a map for a short story

Guild Novice Facebook Connected

Default Would love a map for a short story

Hello everyone! I have recently begun writing a short story set in a medieval/ fantasy world and I would love it and appreciate it if someone could make me a map for it.

The only things I require is if somewhere in the north there is a mountainous region with forests and rivers immediately south of it (preferably like rivers starting in the mountains and flowing through some forest areas underneath)

I would like something clean and simple, with a hand drawn vibe to it similar to the map for ord of the rings or martin's Westeros from a game of thrones. I also want it a bit longer height wise than length. If this can be done by one of the many amazing cartographers here I would absolutely love it! I unfortunately have no money so if anyone is willing to make me one I will definately credit them whereever i post the map in conjuction with my short story. Though i want it to look hand drawn and parchmenty/ olding it does not have to actually be hand drawn if you prefer like photoshop or something.

Also if the map could be hi res or large or something thatd be cool too! So thank you whosoever can make me one

Also, (sorry for double post) I would like various region types to the continent/ country, like marshes, riverlands, hilly and mountainous regions, etc. Again thank you

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Have you thought about going through the finished maps section and looking for something you might like, then you can ask the mapper if you can use it for your book
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

Thanks but id rather someone make one for me.

Feel free to peruse this: Attachment 39418

It magically contains the unique areas you've mentioned, plus a few more. Some rights reserved .

Did you make that? for my request specifically? thats a damn good map

Yes, of course I made that.

I admit I was teasing you a bit with it. You made such an un-specific request that I just had to side with Tilt on this one, most map-making requests are a bit more worked out than "some map" for an ill defined "short story" with no note of mood, style, content, etc.
    Last edited by Lukc; 10-24-2011 at 02:06 AM.

I clearly stated the style of map i wanted... Nor do i care for mood. I gave a style and left the rest up to the designer. I myself am a graphics designer and half my requests are for meto exersize my own creative juices... Which i do well enough. But thanks anyway ascension said he would take it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukc View Post
    Yes, of course I made that.

I admit I was teasing you a bit with it. You made such an un-specific request that I just had to side with Tilt on this one, most map-making requests are a bit more worked out than "some map" for an ill defined "short story" with no note of mood, style, content, etc.
    I was just browsing this area of the forums and saw your map. I think it is really cute what you did I especially like the names you have given to the various sections. Just had to comment on this

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Any update yet, Brandon?
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast