Thread: Collaberative Community Tutorial

Default Collaberative Community Tutorial

Basically, this idea came in mind when I was mapping. Strange huh? But, basically I start off and other community members may post another section of the tutorial. So its like a.. Build by post tutorial. It can be anything you make it, Battlemap, Indoor map, Overland map, City map, Etc..
    Eg: Step 1 make a document of ### x ###.
    Step 2 (another forum member) Set to default colors (black and white.) Filter > Clouds twice and filter > Difference clouds.
    Step 3 Etc.. Etc..

Ill start it out.
    File > New
    Resolution > 300
    Width #### Height #### (Remember that the scale your using should be taken into account. Eg: 1 pixel = 1 mile or 1 pixel = 1 KM. And so on and so forth.)

Sketch out a rough draft of what you would like, doesn't matter if it doesn't look pretty or make sense to other people.. As long as it makes sense to you. I recommend putting all objects of the map sketch in different layers, Eg: Elevation layer, Water layer, Etc...

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I'm all for community colaboration - however a mapping tutorial requires a common vision of where to go imho - thus it will be hard to direct it. Now, if this is just for the fun of it - perhaps it should be in the general forum?
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

Its mostly for the fun! It would be a bit hard for the vision but its honestly upto whoever posts on this first offering a new step to determine.