Thread: Hello Hello

Default Hello Hello

Thought I'd be polite and do like the rule says, and start a hellothread

Relatively new GM, been GMing for a couple of months now. I had a sudden need to make a planet map and realised - I don't actually know where to start Some random googling found links here, and now I'm finding my way through the forums.

Pleasure to be here

Welcome, Xanthia ! Do you know what kind of look (and what kind of planet) you're after? Do you see any of the tutorials that are along the lines of your goal? If so, fire one up and take a stab at it ... while you may be facing a sudden need, you may be happier long-term if you fiddle around some, and go with your third or fifth attempt. We'll be glad to help you along, if you'll post your efforts in a work-in-progress thread as you go.

Do you already have some graphics software at hand? Or are you looking to tackle this world with pen and paper?

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Welcome Aboard!
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Thanks for the welcome guys

jbgibson - I'm looking mostly just for a linework whole world map. A few continents, islands, major geographical features that sort of thing. The catch is that I need it for this Friday PM, so right now I'm just looking for easy stuff like random coastline generation and things like that to I can toss together a sketchy kind of map.

The world itself is fairly... vague at the moment. I'm running a Warhammer 40,000 RP - Rogue Trader if you know it - and the world itself is mostly flavour. It's a low tech-level planet, entirely populated by tribals, no cities or infrastructure to speak of. Mostly forested and rather temperate, with a little variance in terms of a bit of desert, perhaps frozen polar zones. The focus of the adventure will mostly be on the largest continent, where a ship crashed 2000 years ago and formed a mountain range where the planet basically overgrew it.

I've got some limited experience with GIMP, so that's what I'm working with at the moment, though I may be able to get my hands on Photoshop as well, to have a play around with.

Hi! i am new to! count with me!

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

welcome to the guild
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

Welcome to the Guild!
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave