Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: March Entry: Wrong Turn Cellar

And here's the finalized Room 3. If I didn't think I was going to run out of time, I'd probably do some more in this room. Scatter some pebbles around, certainly, and indicate some bedrock.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Challenge014.jpg 
Views:	473 
Size:	863.8 KB 
ID:	2791  
    Bryan Ray, visual effects artist
    http://www.bryanray.name

So, the gnomes and co. lived in the dungeon for a few years, continuing to harvest the fungus for trade and digging out some more room for themselves. Their digging eventually attracted the attention of a hive of Formians, though, who chased the former slaves from their lair and started taking the fungus for themselves.

The gnomes wanted their home back, so they used the bulk of their wealth to hire an adventuring party to drive the Formians out. The adventurers weren't quite up to the task, though. They managed to kill some warriors and a Taskmaster, which had been using a dominated krenshar to defend the lair, but they took many wounds in the process. The elf Himool broke his leg and could not make it out of the dungeon, so he elected to stay behind while the group looks for a cleric. They barricaded two of the doors to the room he is in, and he covers the last with his bow, ready to skewer any Formians that poke their heads into the room.

So here are the elf's room, the Formians' entry point, and another shot of the entire dungeon.

Name:	Challenge017.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	986.4 KB 
ID:	2828   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Challenge017b.jpg 
Views:	145 
Size:	1.29 MB 
ID:	2829   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Challenge017c.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	1.39 MB 
ID:	2830  

As much as I'd love to take a couple more days to finish this out, I am out of time. So, the gnomes' forge and the former slaves' dining hall are complete, and this challenge is finished. I estimate I probably spent about 16 hours on it, but I learned a lot of new techniques, so I could quite possibly knock out something similar in five or six now.

Once again, C & C are welcome. Although I won't be updating this map, I will gladly try new things with the next one.

Cheers, and good luck with the voting, everyone!

Name:	Challenge018.jpg 
Views:	150 
Size:	3.78 MB 
ID:	2843  

Thanks! I should toss a little gratitude toward Redrobes (I think?) for pointing out cgtextures.com . Most of the textures came from there, including the spiderwebs, which were originally dandelion fluff.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Midgardsormr View Post
    Thanks! I should toss a little gratitude toward Redrobes (I think?) for pointing out cgtextures.com . Most of the textures came from there, including the spiderwebs, which were originally dandelion fluff.
    Cheers,

Hey did you see the new textures that went in the other day. Stone floors ??? Goto "Latest Textures" and look up 21st of March. Don't know who submitted them in but I will definitely be using them !

( Ohhh... I'm on front page today too He's got my shed ! )

Ditto. The stone textures in my entry also come from that site. They've got some great stuff and I'll definately check out the latest additions.

Torq
    The internet! It\'ll never catch on.

Software Used: Terranoise, Wilbur, Terragen, The Gimp, Inkscape, Mojoworld

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12