Thread: Indroducing Myself

Guild Applicant

Default Indroducing Myself

Dear Cartographers,

First of all, please excuse me for my poor english, as I am French.

As Role Player I'm quite interrested in map design for my Scenarios and Campaigns.

I use to play and Master sevreral games in differents universes (MedFan, Futuristic, Steampunk, ...)

I did found the cartographer's Guild forum as i was searching some advices on Map designing. Before I enter this forum i couldn't expect there was such quality works in there. As i saw the tutorials and all the incredible results I had no choise but to register.

I'll try to practice a lot, and may be one day I'll be able to post one of my finished Map.

Thank you for reading, and for your further answer to my newby questions..

Kind regards,

Tomc4t

Welcome, Tomcat. Do not worry - your English is far better than my thirty-year-stale college French :-). You are perfectly understandable, and the Guild is probably interested more in your graphics than your grammar. Does French also have the saying "a picture is worth a thousand words"?

If you are shy about your cartography it is fine to just lurk and learn, but you will probably learn quicker if you post about a map as you go - what we call a work-in-progress thread. Whether you follow a tutorial or choose your owm methods, you will find plenty of advice and help offered.

Do you already have abilities with any graphics software? Pretty much any such applicatikon can be used for some sort of mapping, though if you have certain styles in mind, certain tools may work better. Have you seen styles here that you want to try?

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

welcome to the guild
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Welcome Aboard!
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Welcome, Tomc4t!

Welcome to the Guild!
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

Guild Applicant

Thank you for your encouraging words.

I'm trying some tutorials, i started with this very nice one : sederan tutorial.
    I did learn many new Photoshop techniks to acheave a professionnal final render.

I really like Old styled maps. But really stylish maps such as Steam punk Citys or Space ship Maps ar really interresting.
    In the current RPG print edition we find a lot of difference concerning the quality of illustrations and maps.

What i don't really like is un-righteous "computer graphics" looking maps.

I hope i'll can find some time durring winter time to begin a Mapping project.

don't worry i let you know about it.

Thank you for your amiability