ArcGIS for the Android market has just been released.
I just downloaded it to my Samsung Galaxy S. I hope that it will be as smooth as I have heard the iPad app is. At least it is free so we really can't complain either way.
This is what ESRI says about their app:
Use ArcGIS to discover a community of hosted maps from ArcGIS Online
ArcGIS is a great way to discover and use maps. Maps come to life in ArcGIS. Tap on the map or use your current location and discover information about what you see. You can query the map, search and find interesting information, measure distances and areas of interest and share maps with others.
Find community hosted maps from ArcGIS Online – Esri’s online GIS. Alternatively you can use the authoring tools on ArcGIS.com to create your own maps that can be used in ArcGIS.
- Navigate map galleries in just a few taps
- Use maps authored in ArcGIS.com
- Access your own GIS data
- Display and zoom to current location
- Data Collection and Editing
* Use your GPS or the map to collect and update GIS data
* Attach photos and movies to what you collect
* Intelligent form-based data entry driven by ArcGIS data models
* Includes a set of hosted industry specific collection sample maps so you can test drive these capabilities. Look for them inside of the new Gallery entry on the Find Maps tab.
- Magnify your Identify and Editing experience
* When interacting with the map, tap and hold to accurately locate a position on the map using a Magnifier
- Perform linear and area measurements based on your current location or by interacting with the map.
- Retrieve detailed map metadata
- View feature attribute information
- Perform keyword search and get access to relevant information
- Change the visibility of layers
- Access popular maps faster by adding them to your favorites list
Let me know whether you recommend this or not.