Thread: Hello, everybody, hello!

Default Hello, everybody, hello!

Hi to all! My name's Victor Milán. Pleased to be here.

I'm a writer of science fiction and fantasy (plus other fine adventure fiction!) by trade.

I've joined up here because, after owning and dabbling with Campaign Cartographer 2 and 3 for years, I need to get serious about using it. I just sold an epic fantasy trilogy to Tor Books, and I'm contractually obligated to provide 'em a map for the first book, The Dinosaur Lords, which I'm in the process of rewriting now.

Also, I need more detailed maps for my own use, in addition to the rather crude hand-drawn scan I'm learning how to trace and recreate as a CC3 map.

For more information on me, The Dinosaur Lords, and a writer's life in general, please feel free to visit my Sense of Adventure blog.

Thanks!

Welcome to the Guild!
    "Listen, strange women lyin' in ponds distributin' swords is no basis for a system of government."

My Albums - My Portfolio

Thanks, cereth!

And ... I am foolish. Yesterday after much searching I found a handy pdf file here in the Cartographers' Guild that gave step by step instructions for tracing said hand-drawn map after it'd been imported - the CC3 manual doesn't help, and its tracing example doesn't even actually seem to work on the included file it uses for an example.

And I forgot to save the file or the link that led my to it.

Can somebody help me out here, please? I've been running every search I can think of in both Google and the Forum, and coming up dry. Can't even remember how I got to the pdf in the first place.

Welcome to the guild! I'm not sure I'm reading this perfectly ... but ... do you want to manually trace the map into CC3 or automatically? I'm not the most savy in finding my way around the tutorials here (someone else will know how to help better) but I do have a bucket-full of experience in tracing stuff in different proggies.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Welcome Aboard!
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Welcome to the Guild!
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave