Thread: Tatooine map (work in progress)

Wip Tatooine map (work in progress)

Hey guys,

This is the Tatooine map I've been working on. It is my first Battle Map and it is for a Star Wars Saga Edition campaign.

I'm using Photoshop CS5, I'm still learning a lot of stuff about the software...

The map is supposed to be for a tight combat area, like alleys and small streets. I'm thinking about creating some really small shops in the construction on the center (like a guy and a counter kind of thing), I was thinking about adding some moisture vaporators... I don't know, feeling kind of stuck... Any ideas or criticism to what is already done is welcome!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Tatooine.jpg 
Views:	626 
Size:	756.8 KB 
ID:	39510

Looks pretty good so far. Looking forward to seeing how it develops. My only 'issue' is that I would like to see some rounded buildings.

I've run a fair bit of Saga and have enjoyed it a great deal. Good luck with your campaign!
    M

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

A good start, personally I like to make the shadows darker close to the building and then fading out as they get further away. The ground and stairs are realistic looking, but the buildings are drawings, I'd add some good roofs to those buildings, or interiors if the players need to run through them (or both) - in both cases loose the thick black edge. ... and congrats on your first map uploaded
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

Yep... I knew that was something bothering me with the buildings... the hachure in the buildings interiors is there just because I didn't know what to put there(roofs, interiors, black color...)

tilt, I think I'll go with both, interiors at the center and roofs at the edges of the map.

mearrin69, when you say rounded, you mean those with rounded bases, right? Not just the rounded roofs.

Guys, I appreciate the comments, keep them coming!

Roger that. It seemed most of the buildings in Mos Eisley (the city we see most) were rarely (never?) square...they seemed mostly to be at least rounded off at the corners, if not entirely rounded. I think they were also most half underground for insulation purposes. Is that what your stairs are for?

Of course, I'm sure the Empire would just smack down some pre-fab outpost shacks or build big squarish Coruscant-style government buildings smack in the middle of things when they start muscling in...typical!
    M