Thread: Need help transferring landmass outline from CC3 to FT3

Default Need help transferring landmass outline from CC3 to FT3

I have a map in Campaign Cartographer 3 and I would like to recreate the outline of the landmass in Fractal Terrains 3. I posted the question in the ProFantasy forums but I thought I'd try here as well.

So far I've managed to use CC3 to create a Black and White image of my map (ocean white, landmass black) to be used as a height map. FT3 has the ability to import a binary file (presumably heightmap data) but I don't know how to convert my image into the format FT3 expects. Nor do I know if this will even work, I'm just guessing here.

Anyone have any suggestions?

The projection is most likely to be your biggest problem. Once you have that one sorted, though, put the landmass on a whole-world image in the plate caree projection and then load it as a selection. Do a global set to fill that selection and you'll have your landmass in FT.

http://www.ridgenet.net/~jslayton/Fu...ol4/index.html is something similar with Wilbur.

Thanks for the help (here and on PF forums). I got it working! here's what I did...

1. Hide everything but land in CC3 and save as bmp
    2. Open as "Greyscale Image Surface" in Wilbur
    3. Save as "Muse DTED Surface"
    4. File > New > Binary > Select .dte file in FT

From the advice I've gotten it seems like I've skipped quite a few steps but I have a landmass in FT. Hopefully, my shortcut won't cause any problems down the road.