Thread: Eth System

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Guild Novice Facebook Connected

Default Eth System

For years now I've had my idea for a planet populated by humans. I wanted to write the entire history of it, from colonisation (loosing much technology in the process) to space expansion, but found out I'm so much of a science guy that I didn't care much for early history. So, to keep me from scrapping the project I decided to go the other way around, creating the setting for an advanced space civilisation.

I've started work on a star map. It isn't finished but i'd love criticism on it. The lines are jump links. The technology behind it is not for this thread but let's just say the intricate pattern that doesn't seem logical actually is. I also want to represent a large quantity of stars that aren't in the network, but my other attempts have failed. These unimportant stars were always too big or too bright. I want to give them names but they still must not detract from the important features of the map.

The second is a system map (is that considered a map??). Now I'm no interface guy (in french we'd say interfaciste but the political connotation it makes in english ... well... is funny) but I think I've achieved something that is relaxing to the eyes. I want to display Ethania Prime's data in a more graphical way. Any ideas?

(For some reason The images are darker because of .jpg conversion... That sucks...) Edit: My bad. It was my monitor...

Thank you for your feedback!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Local Starmap.jpg 
Views:	313 
Size:	425.1 KB 
ID:	39561   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	EthSystem.jpg 
Views:	333 
Size:	210.6 KB 
ID:	39562