Thread: The Continent of Santhia

Default The Continent of Santhia

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Santhia.jpg 
Views:	171 
Size:	914.8 KB 
ID:	39613

I took a break from the work on Helgeward (I didn't like what it was turning out) and I started making the continent. I thought it was needed a new thread; I will upload the other one when I will restart the island.

Here is what I got. I'm pretty satisfacted with the result; I have three questions from a noob to the great guys.

1. Is there a tutorial or any guide on how to make the navigation lines or a graticule for the map?

2. Also, is there something for the borders? I always wondered how you guys make some awesome borders for your maps.

3. How does the map look in its overall aspect? I mean: is it something nice to see or awful?

PS: Symbol of the towns made by the awesome StarRaven

It looks really good. Unless you're going to print it out wall-sized, the town symbols seem kind of small. You get some kudos for having some mountains AND forest - too many people have either/or. The river shapes are nice, they just seem a little thin, compared with other linework like the coast.

The small town symbols give it a sense of being a large area, so if that's desired, you might want to keep them. They can also help if you want to give an impression of a largely wild and dangerous land, with the safety of human settlements scattered and all too often remote for travelers.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Santhia-Part.jpg 
Views:	120 
Size:	461.1 KB 
ID:	39801

Thanks for the comments. The symbols placement was intentional

Here's a little update. I don't know if the text fits the map properly, but at least it's better than nothing